7 months ago
WYG has an excellent opportunity for a Structural Engineer within the Edinburgh office, to become part of a team working on a variety of high profile projects throughout the UK & beyond. The post will offer the successful applicant an interesting, challenging and varied workload as well as allowing them to develop personally and professionally, as an Engineer.
Ideally, you will be a motivated, progressive and versatile individual who can adopt a flexible approach to their role, to provide support to the team within the office - an individual who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure work is delivered correctly, accurately and on time.
Reporting directly to a senior member of team, you will:-
* Be responsible for structural design (to EuroCode/BS) in a variety of materials
* Undertake site visits and surveys
* Liaise with clients, architects and other design team members to develop designs
* Work as part of a larger team on major WYG commissions across our national teams
* Have a UK accredited degree (either BEng(Hons) or MEng) in Civil or Structural Engineering. Minimum grade 2:2.
* Working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Structural Engineers
* An enthusiastic and professional approach to engineering problems
* Team player displaying enthusiasm, flexibility and versatility
* Adaptable with good interpersonal and communication skills
* Good attitude to Health and Safety practices within the work place and design
* A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD
* Fully IT literate and proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office
* Have the ability to use Structural Engineering design software such as TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer, Masterseries, AutoCAD and Autodesk Building Design Suite REVIT Structures
* Delivering work to set timescales and deadlines
* Self-motivated to achieve the highest levels of excellence within the company
* Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills
* Effective team player, organised and articulate
* Good time management and reliability and display initiative
* Ability to work collaboratively with other team members internally and externally
* Possess attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality output
* Ownership of the work done under your control
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.