12 months ago
Opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our experienced team in central Bristol, Merchants House BS1 4RW, a large multidisciplinary office overlooking the Bristol Harbourside.
Hydrock is an independently owned consultancy, of over 450 staff, operating out of 16 offices. It is one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being. You can check out our values here. We are currently growing at 12% per annum. We believe part of our success is looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
Our national structural engineering business is led from Bristol, where our largest team is located. You can expect exceptional colleagues to work with and learn from and an interesting variety of challenging and sometimes prestigious projects. Recent examples include UK Hydrographic Office, Finzels Reach, Bristol General Hospital, Concorde Museum, Wapping Wharf, University of Bristol School of Mathematics, Keynsham Civic Centre and Bristol Airport terminal extensions.
Being a multidisciplinary office, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other disciplines, including building services, acoustics, fire, utilities, civil infrastructure, transportation and geo-environmental. We also have pool and table tennis tables, big views and plenty of socials!
Your role will include:
* Delivery of scheme and concept designs
* Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction packages
* Attendance at client, design and site meetings
* Management and development of less experienced engineers and technicians
* Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors.
The attributes we expect you to bring to the role and company:
* MEng/BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Working towards Chartered Membership/ Associate Membership of the IStructE/ICE
* At least three years’ experience in building structures design
* Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills
* Marketing/business development skills
* Self-motivated team player with good people skills
* Knowledge of BIM
* Basic AutoCAD and Revit skills.
What can you expect?
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A good team, office and employer. A genuine opportunity to create and to be recognised and rewarded.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.