12 months ago
Opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our experienced Civil & Structural Engineering team based in Elmbridge, on the outskirts of Gloucester, GL3 1JZ, a few minutes’ drive from J11 or J11A of the M5. This is a relatively small team of technically excellent people and something of a satellite office to our large team in Bristol, from where the national team is led.
The office has its own vibe and is very relaxed, inclusive and supportive. It has the feel of a brilliant small company but with all the benefits of being Hydrock, including an exceptional portfolio of work that you simply would not get at a smaller company, with projects valuing anything from £1m to £50m. Recent examples include a new engineering building at UWE, UK Hydrographic Office, Keynsham Civic Centre, Aurora, Finzels Reach, Bristol (BREAM Outstanding), Infineum (Oxford Research Centre) and numerous schools (Education Funding Agency).
Hydrock is a market leader and an exceptional employer, as recognised in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Construction Investing in Talent Awards (Best Place to Work). We believe in looking after our people and our values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
Core job functions:
* Delivery of scheme and concept designs
* Delivery of detailed design including full tender and construction packages
* Liaison with statutory authorities, architects, the design team and contractors
* Attendance at client, design and site meetings
* Management and development of less experienced engineers and technicians.
* MEng/BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Working towards Chartered Membership/ Associate Membership of the IStructE/ICE
* At least three years’ experience in building structures design
* Strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills
* Self-motivated team player with good people skills.
* Basic AutoCAD and Revit skills
* Knowledge of BIM.
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer.