about 1 year ago
Due to an increase in workload, Pell Frischmann has the need for a motivated and talented Structural Engineer to join their Exeter Office to assist with delivery of projects within the Water and Building sectors. The role will involve working for a range clients on a diverse base of projects. Reporting to the Technical Director you would be expected to:
· Have a good understanding of relevant standards, Codes of Practice (including British Standards and Eurocodes), Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods.
· Act in the capacity of Lead Structural Engineer on both single and multi-disciplinary projects.
· Conduct analysis and design of building and civil related structures in concrete, steel, masonry and timber.
· Undertake checks and reviews of structural design packages prepared by others to ensure compliance with the scope of works, technical goodness, safety and buildability.
· Manage structural design packages ensuring delivery is in accordance with the contracted scope of works to budget and programme, including the ability to delegate to and manage sub-ordinates.
· Be an excellent team player with excellent communication skills.
· Be self-motivated and driven to achieve high standards of work within the required timescale.
· Effectively manage project stakeholders (clients, other design disciplines etc).
· Willing to accept responsibility.
· Other duties as required by the Technical Director.
· Experience of designing water retaining structures.
· A good understanding of all relevant standards and Codes of Practice relevant to the Water sector.
· BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience.
· A minimum of 3 years post-graduation experience or equivalent experience.
· Experience of STAAD Pro.
· Experience of RC detailing and scheduling.
· Experience with REVIT Structures and inter-operable analysis and design software.
Please send your CV to email@example.com