10 months ago
Stress Engineer (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity for 2 Stress Engineers has arisen in Airbus Filton. On a daily basis you will be supported by the Senior Stress Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be Concessions, Build Support, Plant Driven Light Modifications, PPS/MFT support, Lean Improvements and support Continuous product development task.
Working for the 'HO Filton Plant Enablement' you will be required to work within a co-located team consisting of both Stress and Design engineers in plant.
Engineering and Plant objectives will be worked to ensure the continued smooth operation of the plant and to time, cost & quality delivery of all plant work packages.
Tasks & accountabilities
Key activities of this role will include:
* Supporting the Senior Stress
* Concessions - Analysis and/or Validation
* Plant Driven Modifications - Analysis and Approval
* Build Support/Plant enablement - Go-Look-See-Enable
* Lean - Practical Problem Solving and/or Team Improvements
* Multifunctional Team Support - Data analysis to support eradication of repeat plant/final assembly line issue.
* Continuous product development – Modification and/or Incident Analysis and/or Authorisation
As the successful candidate, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
o Educated to an engineering degree
o Experience in holding Concession delegation (Signatory) for both Composite &
o Experience with working on aerospace wing structures
o Be able to perform Static and F&DT analysis using first principles and/or ISAMI on both metallic and composites parts/structures
o Be confident in making final decisions and be able to present these decisions to all levels of the business, if requested
o Desirable skills :
* Be able to work as an individual or as part of a team
* Have the ability to flex your working hours (within the agreed corporate flexible working agreement) to support PET deliverables
* Awareness of Airbus tools, including SAP
* Plant experience within a support function
* Knowledge of lean processes and tools
* Awareness of manufacturing processes
* Design Office 9CPD) experience
o A400M Accreditation Required
o Fluent level of English
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.