3 months ago
Job number: UK11847
Company/Division: Gas & Water
Career area: Planning & Scheduling
Region/State: West Midlands
City: Wolverhampton, West Midlands (County)
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Street-works Scheduler to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Wolverhampton, West Midlands (County).
What you'll be doing
As a Street-works Scheduler you will:
* Maintain data accuracy within P6, ensuring noticing an permit information is current and accurate and data quality is maintained;
* Attend the weekly Planning and Scheduling meeting along with the Ops Programme;
* Liaise with local authorities and attend LA co-ordination meetings;
* Contribute to the local Risk Register highlighting potential risks and issues while assisting with identifying and delivering mitigating actions;
* Refer any issues that threaten the project delivery to the Operations Planning Manager.
Who we're looking for
* Have Street-works/NRSWA knowledge;
* Have scheduling experience;
* Have evidence of achieving business KPIs and targets;
* Be able to work well under pressure within challenging time frames to deliver on time and to budget;
* Be adaptable to change and have a flexible working style.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.