11 days ago
Purpose of the Role.
To manage and deliver a Streetlighting contract, mobilise and deliver scheme and major LED replacement works whilst being responsible for the contract, P&L and balance sheet performance and the implementation of the business plan for a defined area with the Streetlighting business. This role is based in the Midlands but have the flexibility in their place of work from time to time
What will this role involve?
* Own, operate, develop, and shape the contract business plan for a defined area within the Streetlighting business in line with the business strategy whilst working closely with the Account Director, Bidding team, contract team.
* Work nationally alongside the streetlighting SMT to implement and deliver the SL growth strategy through bidding, liaison, mobilisation, and delivery.
* Responsible for the mobilisation of a large-scale Street lighting LED works.
* Responsible and accountable for the contract performance – Financially and Operationally.
* Managing the contracts resources i.e. labour, plant, materials, and sub-contractors.
* To produce the monthly reports in accordance with the requirements of the Output Specification.
* . Manage, input, and monitor the contracts KPI’s via “Airsweb”, Dashboard(s), Environmental reports, VfL and perception audits
* Manage a contract P&L and balance sheet with responsibility for implementing the Divisional business plan within this area Deliver
* Improve upon agreed margins and cash flows in conjunction with Commercial / Finance / Operations
* Review and challenge budgets and forecasts to ensuring consistent, challenging but deliverable approaches are adopted
* Manage all day to day HR issues including attendance management, performance management, staff disciplinary and grievance procedures and all recruitment and selection.
* Ensure the contract is staffed with competent and qualified staff.
* Liaise with the HRBP on all HR matters
* Ensure and full responsibility for all compliance of H&S initiatives, risk assessments and COSHH regulations
* Liaison with Council Officers Members, of the Public and others on matters relating to the provision and renewal of street lighting and electrical installations.
* Manage performance of defined area, with regular site visits and performance review against targets Provide the necessary data and interpret management information to monitor performance
* Ensure and improve the delivery of service excellence across the account through maximising efficiency and effectiveness, actively sharing best practice and seeking opportunities for profit improvement
* Ensure the defined account area is robust reference sites for future bids
* Manage supply chain to deliver service excellence and profitability
* Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Ensure efficient management of resources, employees, fleet, suppliers, and subcontractors
* Ensure that business imperatives are clearly communicated and understood throughout the defined contract area and to others.
* Supports and contributes to continuous improvement
* Support and implement a culture of customer centricity People / Organisation Manage supplier relationships (often outsourced / sub-contractors)
* Manage direct reports Support and reflect the Amey culture within the business Ensure a culture of compliance
What are we looking for?
HNC or HND in Electrical Engineering or other relevant qualification and/or relevant experience in the streetlighting/Highways sector
Driving licence essential
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey
What makes this role unique?
You will typically be responsible for revenue of £10m to £29m and manage a headcount of 50 to 100 people.