4 months ago
As part of Amey Strategic Consulting you’ll be part of a diverse and highly skilled team where you’ll have the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects in a wide range of sectors. You will be part of a growing and dynamic team. We are constantly engaging with new technology, developing skills within the team and building our own tools and packages. We place a high importance on the culture, health and wellbeing of the team. We ensure there is no intellectual hierarchy and value all input regardless of seniority.
As a software engineer, you'll be developing products to improve clients operational work. Though team members often have strengths in certain areas we don’t silo our consultants and encourage them to cultivate a wide range of skills both in technical and non-technical areas.
What will this role involve?
* Work closely with clients to understand the challenges they face and shape these into well-defined product requirements
* Mange end-to-end development of software including: design, implementation, testing, deployment, and ongoing support.
* Develop unique solutions to new and unsolved problems in infrastructure
* Develop products that can be reused in a range of sectors, helping clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision making
* Create and develop relationships with high-profile clients up to director level to gain new work and expand commissions.
* Proficiency in a key enterprise-level development language (e.g., C#, Python, C++, Java)
* A deep understanding of OOP and associated code design principles
* Experience in engineering software products to meet client requirements
* Ability to work in an Agile development team
* Experience using Git and GitHub (or other version control systems)
* A drive to learn new skills
* Use of relational and non-relational databases
* Knowledge of testing and continuous integration
* Working with frameworks for web development (e.g. Flask, ASP.NET MVC etc.)
Skills & experience
* BSc or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience).