5 months ago
As part of Amey Strategic Consulting you’ll be part of a diverse and highly skilled team where you’ll have the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects in a wide range of sectors. You will be part of a growing and dynamic team. We are constantly engaging with new technology, developing skills within the team, and building our own tools and packages. We place a high importance on our culture, and health and wellbeing We ensure there is no intellectual hierarchy and value all input regardless of seniority.
Our projects require a range of technical skills including: data analytics, machine learning, system modelling and optimisation techniques. By coupling this technical capability with clear and concise storytelling, we can support our clients to make informed decisions that improve their outcomes by ensuring their decision are evidence based. As a member of our team, you'll find we don't silo our skill sets. Although you may have strengths areas of data science, we encourage our consultants to cultivate a wide range of both technical and non-technical skills.
* Work closely with clients to understand the challenges they face and shape these into well-defined requirements
* Explore new data sets to investigate how they can be used to drive value for our clients
* Develop unique solutions to new and unsolved problems in infrastructure
* Help clients to make better use of their data and drive intelligent decision making
* Create and develop relationships with high-profile clients up to director level
* Help with business development to gain new work and expand commissions
* Programming experience
* Strong numerical ability
* Drive to learn new skills
* Ability to interpret and explain complex analysis in simple terms
* Use of data analysis in R or Python
* Knowledge of a Git and GitHub (or other version control systems)
* Understanding of statistical methods
* Good code hygiene, including experience of having organised code modularly
* Using relational databases
Skills & experience
* BSc or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience).
* Experience with big data technologies e.g. Spark, Cassandra
* Use of machine learning techniques and validating results
* Knowledge of cloud services e.g. AWS, Azure
To learn more about us and what we can do together, please