18 days ago
Strategic Client Director - Swisscom-21000ARX Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English, German
Strategic Client Director – Swisscom
The Oracle Strategic Client Director owns overall leadership for an Oracle Strategic Client (one of Oracle’s top revenue producing and market leading customers), across all products, services and support, on a worldwide basis. The Strategic Client Director (SCD) is the day-to-day senior Oracle executive responsible for success at the Strategic Client. The SCD is chartered to develop and drive execution of a multi-year strategy. The SCD is also responsible for worldwide communication inside the Oracle global organization as well as all organizations within the Strategic Client. The SCD must develop deep customer and industry knowledge and then influence the Strategic Client through developing credible & relevant messaging and deliver it through broad executive relationships to align Oracle as a strategic partner that enables key customer initiatives and transformations, increases customer satisfaction, and grows Oracle revenues.
The SCD is Oracle’s primary leader and sponsor for the customer, responsible for overall account growth and customer satisfaction by managing key relationships and ensuring the customer achieves value from Oracle solutions. Key responsibilities include leading developing & owning the account strategy, aligning and managing the global sales team, driving effective account management processes, tracking and communicating progress, and growing Oracle’s revenues across the full breadth of Oracle products, solutions & services for the Strategic Client.
Key objectives of this job include:
* Grow Oracle’s mindshare, cross-pillar revenue, and share of wallet with the Strategic Client.
* Understand the Strategic Client business requirements and develop "tailored" Oracle solutions.
* Introduce the Strategic Client to Oracle solutions, products and services that match known and potential business needs.
* Successfully establish the Strategic Client as a positive Reference Customer.
* Demonstrate measurable progress towards an “Oracle First” relationship.
* Develop and maintain the multi-year strategic account plan for the Strategic Client to meet or exceed customer objectives and Oracle sales goals. Revise the customer strategy and plan to ensure they fit the continuously changing key account needs and priorities.
* Direct the Oracle team around execution of the strategy and plan by co-ordination and leadership of activities across the different pillars and other organizations and partners.
* Influence and lead strategic planning efforts within sales, product, consulting, and support pillars to ensure Strategic Client requirements are represented.
* Manage the interface between the Strategic Client and Oracle personnel (including all sales, product specialists, consulting, support, channels and corporate functions) to ensure an effective alignment model and communications, and reporting cadence.
* Articulates both Oracle and Strategic Client value proposition to C-level management within both Oracle and the Strategic Client.
* Gain agreement with Customer around key work streams aligned with their key business transformations and imperatives
* Create a quarterly business review cadence with Sponsors from the Strategic Client to track our progress on aligned focus areas / work streams and other interactions.
* Maintain regular communications with the worldwide core sales team and extended worldwide account team across all relevant Oracle pillars and divisions, through regular team calls and online collaboration.
* Facilitate regular progress meetings with key customer executives and sponsors to validate our progress and plans.
* Obtain input and participation from the assigned Oracle Executive Sponsor(s) for the Strategic Client on a regular, scheduled basis.
* Owns escalation issues for the Strategic Client on a worldwide basis and drives those escalations to closure while creating a high level of customer satisfaction for the Strategic Client and a win-win environment for the Oracle resources involved in the day-to-day operation of the Strategic Client.
* Develop and execute an interaction plan to address the executive suite, line of business organizations and IT, leveraging all Oracle resources and subject matter experts, executives, and thought-leaders as needed to provide value to the customer.
* Build relationships with the customer's executive team, earning a reputation as one of the Customer's trusted business advisors.
* Demonstrate a high level of business acumen and thorough understanding of the customer's business, organization, strategy and financial position.
* Demonstrate value- and trust-based selling skills with a deep understanding of the customer's needs and Oracle’s capabilities.
* Navigate Oracle to identify, acquire and coordinate a team of critical resources needed to address customer needs.
* Integrate Oracle in front of the customer providing a “one face, one Oracle” strategy for the customer.
* Understand Oracle’s strategies and how these translate into solutions that address customer needs.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer's industry, including trends, business processes, financial measurements and performance indicators, and key competitors.
* Manage and develop a team of sales representatives.
* Sell and promote the sale of Oracle products including contract negotiation.
* Drive strategic and tactical planning for the account.
* Generate and achieve accurate monthly forecasts.
* Conduct weekly progress meetings with the key account sales team.
* Ability to lead and influence across a geographically dispersed team without having a direct reporting line.
* Ability to lead and influence C-level Executives of Oracle Strategic Clients.
* Attention to Detail
* Follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
* Concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
* Business Acumen
* Sufficient business acumen to establish authority, gain confidence, and build trust through a significant understanding of the Strategic Client´s business strategies and industry trends, when positioning Oracle’s organization and capabilities.
* Communication skills
* Able to clearly express complex ideas, both in writing and verbally, to any audience.
* Demonstrates an ability to anticipate, and respond to, reactions, attitudes, views and feelings of individuals and groups.
* Adapts presentations to the audience.
* Conflict Management
* Able to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy.
* Able to be consistently objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations.
* Able to maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
* Decision Making & Problem Solving
* Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting sound judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
* Able to review facts, weigh option, and use logic when dealing with emotional topics.
* Influence and Persuasion
* Able to convince others in both positive and negative circumstances.
* Able to express ideas and options with tact.
* Comfortable expressing new ideas to authority figures.
* Able to maintain confidences.
* Fosters an ethical work environment.
* Prevents and curtails inappropriate behavior by coworkers.
* Give proper credit to others.
* Handles all situations honestly.
* Able to share due credit with coworkers.
* Displays enthusiasm and promotes a friendly group working environment.
* Works closely with other departments as necessary
* Supports group decisions and solicits opinions from coworkers.
* Able to obtain agreement from multiple parties.
* Understands the decisions process and stakeholders and can drive process forwards
* Able to earn trust while working out a deal.
* Uses good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining.
* Communicates the high value of services.
* Identifies hidden agendas that might interfere with resolution of terms.
* Planning, Prioritizing & Goal Setting
* Able to prepare for emerging customer needs.
* Able manage multiple projects concurrently
* Global Citizen
* Working knowledge of other world regions, cultures, languages, economies, business practices.
* Relationship Management
* Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings.
* Able to build and maintain long-term associations based on trust.
* Develops and maintains significant high-level customer executive relationships.
* Creates healthy tension with customer through providing insights about their business and opportunities for engaging with Oracle
* Educates the customer on industry trends and practices adopted by peer organizations
* Problem Solving
* Can solve even the toughest and most complex problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to create the best conclusion and solution; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
* Able to come up with the next great breakthrough; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures with or without all of the data.
* Reframes & Challenges the way the customer views their business
* Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice-to-have and the trivial; quickly senses what's the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value.
* Is well organized and resourceful; effective and efficient at leveraging multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to achieve objective; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles.
* Manages Effectively across Organizational Boundaries
* Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
* Effect Work Management
* Can design effective processes, workflows, and solutions; good at figuring out what to measure to track progress; can quickly diagnose and fix issues; always looking for incremental process improvement.
* Escalation Management
* Fearlessly takes on all issues, challenges, and people; comfortably works through conflict; delivers negative feedback and messages without hesitation; deals promptly and fairly with problems; lets everyone know where they stand; is energized by tough challenges; not afraid to make negative decisions and take tough action; challenges the status quo.
* Action and Outcome Oriented
* Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom-line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives everything to finish.
* Organizational Awareness
* Maneuvers well to get things done; maze bright; knows where to go to get resources; politically aware and agile; knows the right thing to do.
* Communicates Effectively
* Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
* Manages Diverse Relationships
* Relates well to a wide variety of styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably.
* Inspires Others
* Motivates individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams.
* Acts with Honor and Character
* Is a person of high character; is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs; deals and talks straight; direct and truthful but can keep confidences.
* Open and Receptive
* At ease and relaxed; easy to talk to and get to know; listens attentively; is an open book; has a positive sense of humor; deals calmly with stress and gives people a chance to catch up.
* Personal Flexibility
* Open to lifelong, continuous personal improvement; aware of self and impact on others; responsive to feedback; is very flexible; can act in ways that seem contradictory and is adaptable to demand characteristics of different situations.
* 10+ years selling and account relationship management experience with major accounts.
* 10+ years selling hardware and/or software.
* History and track record of achievement of revenue objectives.
* Track record of business/account plan development and execution.
* Cross-LOB team management experience - international team management is a plus.
* Undergraduate degree in business or a relevant field. Masters degree is a plus.
* Knowledge in Swisscom account is a plus or experience in similar industries.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for providing leadership to the sales and account management processes and growing Oracle’s revenues associated with the full breadth of Oracle products/ solutions for an assigned Key Account. The job represents a balanced customer relationship management effort involving sales and account management skills, product knowledge/problem-solving/solution skills, and direction of all other and necessary Oracle specialized resources assigned to the Key Account.
Owns overall Oracle leadership across all products, services and support to an Oracle Key Account (one of Oracle’s 150 to 200 top revenue producing and market leading accounts on a world-wide basis). Is the day to day senior Oracle executive business resource assigned to the Key Account. Is chartered to facilitate and own the overall account and opportunity planning process and its execution for the Key Account. Is also responsible for the Oracle communication inside our global organization and across all organizations and lines of business withing the Key Account. The key objectives of the Strategic Account Rep are to develop deep customer knowledge and influence through forging executive relationships across all Oracle lines of business, increasing Oracle’s reputation as a proven partner, increasing customer satisfaction and Oracle revenues and footprint within the Key Account
History and track record of achievement of revenue objectives. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business/account plans. Demonstrated ability to work with accounts’ senior management and across functions within customer organizations to gain commitment, obtain resources and achieve desired results. Excellent presentation skills. Experience of team management. Cross LOB/BU or international team management experience a plus. Strong team building skills and ability to resolve conflict situations. Preferred BS or BA degree in business. Masters degree is a plus. 10 years selling and account relationship management experience with major account.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire