19 days ago
Competitive plus benefits
Category: Cost Jobs
Strategic Account Manager - Aggregates
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Strategic Account Manager to join our friendly team in Snodland.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining price, volume and profit for our key accounts.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
* Implementing an account portfolio strategy
* Delivering financial and value added product targets as set by the business unit and regional management
* Achieving required customer account targets by supporting major project managers in the delivery of regional major/significant bid and tender process.
* Ensuring customer satisfaction measures are constantly exceeded with a particular emphasis on management of accounts
* Completing account plans to a high standard and clearly identifying and defining customer development objectives
* Supporting the senior management team in improving OTIFIC [on time in full invoiced correctly] performance
* Contributing to and supporting new practices for continuous improvement
* Executing internal processes ensuring consistent use and application of sales tools as provided
The Ideal Candidate
Formal qualifications are not essential to succeed in this role however, relevant proven experience is required as is a demonstrable track record of being able to add value. You should have extensive experience of managing and developing customer accounts along with sound commercial understanding that allows you to influence and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders to deliver customer requirements. An ability to utilise commercial tools and forecasts would be beneficial.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
* Training and development opportunities