24 days ago
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services.
We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
What is the purpose of this role?
To provide an efficient parts stores ensuring stock levels remain accurate and that parts are available as quickly as possible at the lowest cost possible.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure parts are purchased at best available prices Issue required stock to technicians on request and in a timely manner
- Ensure the return of parts/items that are not required or incorrectly ordered
- Liaise with suppliers regarding delivery dates of ordered parts
- Carry out regular checks on impress stock to ensure levels are not running low
- Ensure adequate levels of required non impress stock are kept at all times
- Keep the Stores in a good state of cleanliness and tidiness at all times
- Inform Technicians of any parts that have been delivered on their behalf
- Pack and send any items that need to be sent by Courier to ensure safe delivery
- Provide a high level of Customer Service
- Ensure sufficient levels of PPE are available in the Stores and ensure outgoing PPE is logged to the relevant person
- Carry out monthly Rolling Stock Checks C
- reate Order Numbers for parts ordered and input data onto the system
- Provide Order Numbers to all Workshop staff on Contract Book in and out all technical parts and operators manuals on Document Control Log
- Collect any parts locally as and when required
What are we looking for?
- Able to deliver a positive impact and sees efficiency as a top priority
- Able to demonstrate successful delivery of cost reductions
- Experienced in a Stores role within a workshop environment
- Parts supply chain and understanding of suppliers available
- Negotiation techniques to ensure lowest costs for parts Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Environmental awareness