11 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM’s verification engineers continuously push the boundaries of what is possible with simulation, formal and emulation tools to produce industry-leading CPU IP. If working at the cutting edge of technology in a world-class team sounds like an interesting challenge then a role as an ARM Verification Engineer is for you.
The CPU team in Cambridge has produced some of the company’s most successful products with processors designed by this group being shipped in billions of designs in use around the world today, from smartphones and tablets to AI applications, IOT and automotive systems. This team has been responsible for developing processors from high-end A-class parts such as the Cortex-A53, one of ARM’s first 64 bit processors, and the recently-announced DynamIQ technology (providing safe, fast and efficient complex data processing for AI) to R-class real-time processors such as Cortex-R52, ARM’s most advanced processor for safety, and microcontrollers in the M-class series such as the Cortex-M0+ and Cortex-M33.
This role will be based at ARM's Head Quarters in Cambridge, UK.
For this role, we are looking for a Staff Verification Engineer who can provide strong technical leadership and contributions throughout the verification process. This includes:
* Ownership and delivery of a specific area of the project ranging from unit level testbench development ownership through to the overall verification methodology for a CPU project
* Responsibility for producing test plans and verification strategies
* Plan, track and coordinate the tasks of you or your team to meet high quality goals at the planned time
* Ensure the quality of the verification work done by your team is of the expected standard
* Be part of verification improvement strategies across the CPU group and the wider ARM verification community
Essential Skills and Experience
* Extensive Experience of Designing and implementing verification environments for complex RTL designs
* Well-versed in the use of hardware verification languages e.g. SystemVerilog or Specman ‘e’
* In-Depth Understanding of end-to-end verification processes, from test plan creation through to verification closure
* Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification detail
* Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture with emphasis on pipelining, exception handling, memory systems.
* Experience of mentoring Developing and coaching
* Previous Line Management Experience
* Detail Knowledge of Verification methodologies such as UVM
* Detailed practical experience of working on microprocessor designs
* Knowledge of assembly language (preferably ARM), and/or C/C++
* In-depth technical reviewing of others’ work
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps