3 months ago
As a Staff Software Engineer in a software engineering group, you will apply your knowledge of architecture, software development methodologies, best practices and proven processes to deliver a quality software product on budget, within planned schedule with outstanding quality.
In this role, you will:
* Demonstrate strong software development capability and leadership of a scrum team, with solid communication and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution.
* Work closely with the Scrum Architect within the scrum team to implement the HIS integration and analytics development within established architectural guidelines.
* Work as part of the scrum team to implement design tenets and translate functional and non- functional requirements into artifacts, developing quality Java code and SQL stored procedures with a continuous integration environment.
* Work with customers and product owners across the business to understand the needs & vision; then quickly translate that vision into demonstrable software.
* Quickly define and deliver working software prototypes.
* Drive increased efficiency within the scrum team, developing continuous integration, ensuring adherence to agile methods and the architectural blueprint established for the solution.
* Support the engineering leadership in terms of scrum team operations (estimation, sprints, backlog creation, Release Planning and cadence for delivery).
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
* Extensive professional experience or strong experience plus Master’s degree in computer science.
* Strong software development experience in a customer facing and continuous integration environment.
* Significant hands on experience designing and developing software using the Java and related software technologies on a Windows operating system in a continuous integration environment.
* Proficient in Java, Hibernate/JPA, Spring
* Proficient in Database use and implementation (MS SQL) and writing Stored Procedures.
* Understands Database concerns when designing solutions.
* Knowledge of Node, JS, Angular.
* Experience in design of REST services, JSON constructs required within a microservice architecture.
* Experience in Hospital Information Systems integration, deep knowledge of HL7 standards for interoperability desired.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.K. is required. Employment visas will not be sponsored, now or in the future, for this role.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check.
* Must be willing to travel.
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in UK.
* Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions. Evangelizes and contributes to the GE standards for critical thinking best practices and methodologies across the enterprise. Defines new critical thinking methods. Engages with external thought-leaders and communities on analytical and critical thinking methodologies.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership and customers with confidence and clarity.
* Evangelizes the notion that anything worth doing takes repeated effort and failure. Drives the organization toward a continued excitement of attaining the vision and goal in the face of resistance.
* Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.