7 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role working on the leading edge of mobile GPU technology?
Arm seeks highly skilled and motivated engineers to join an Agile software development team working on the latest mobile GPU technology. Working on the next generation Mali™ mobile GPUs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions, you will help shape the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
You will join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development team located in Cambridge (UK). The team is responsible for the Mali GPU driver components and framework devoted to instrumentation, GPU job dumping, performance analysis tooling and debugging utilities. The tools and software you create will be used by both internal and external users across SW and HW divisions for performance analysis, product integration, HW functional and performance validation and GPU conformance for key benchmark and content.
What you will be involved with:
You will work closely with the multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s European design centres developing drivers and the instrumentation needed for graphics and computer performance analysis. Our challenge is to create the framework to analyse a system executing millions of operations per second across both hardware and software.
Recent achievements of the team include:
* Development of new framework for 3D content recording and replaying on the newly develop GPU's.
* Development of GPU HW counters capture capability at runtime.
* Creation of a new flexible visualization tool to support others team needs.
* Creation of a new Python post-process library to consume raw stream and produce easily usable API for multiple instrumentation features.
* Creation of new feature to capture and visualize render pass information for both Vulkan and GLES content.
* Updates to the interface code required to support future, in development Mali GPUs.
Day to day activities include:
* Participating in the design, implementation and testing of new features.
* Working closely with other software teams to interface driver components.
* Designing and implementing robust capture and replay complex 3D content framework on future GPU.
* Writing ultra-low overhead code for both the user and kernel space parts of the driver.
* Writing efficient code for the post-processing analysis framework.
* Maintaining the existing codebase: fixing bugs and other quality assurance activities.
* Reviewing other people's code.
* Writing and maintaining documentation.
This is an amazing opportunity to influence products and technology that millions of people will use around the globe years ahead of the product release.
About Media Engineering
Media Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes GPU, ISP, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In Media Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Education & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or with equivalent experience and skills
Skills & Experience required:
* Excellent C programming skills in multi process environment
* Experience of software development for a commercial organization
* Strong Software Engineering experience, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, and debugging
* Experience with Linux, scripting, and source control system
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Good knowledge of Python language and OOP implementation in Python
* Excellent problem solving & solution design.
* Ability to express complex ideas to people of all technical abilities
* Practical, organized and analytical approach to work
* Driver Development experience
* Experience in C++ programming
* Knowledge of GLES and Vulkan API
* Knowledge of GPU graphic pipeline
* Experience in Linux Kernel Device Driver programming
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
We are hiring for multiple positions.
Opening date: 25th April 2018
Closing date: 23rd May 2018
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road