9 months ago
As a Staff Software engineer working in the Product Development team you will work closely with your peers in fast-paced Agile development teams using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure. We are looking for candidates with a passion for front-end and back-end development.
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimising it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and have the ability to implement them using the language of choice when necessary
• Be comfortable with modern DevOps practices.
• Be passionate about maintaining code quality through best practices, unit testing and automation.
• Have a gift for turning complex problems into elegant solutions, with imaginative use of technology.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent
* Strong professional experience
• Experience developing various web applications
• Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
• Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
• Experience in developing highly robust and high throughput enterprise Cloud applications
• Experience in using node.js
• Experience in delivering cloud-based solutions using RESTful Web services and technologies such as Cloud Foundry
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website