about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you interested in helping teams to work more effectively and coach them to success? We're looking for a scrum master who can be a leading light in a large Agile team.
The team: why it needs you
Fast Models comprises more than 70 people who work together to create models of Arm hardware designs while the concepts are being developed. This allows Arm's ecosystem to write near-perfect software years before the hardware exists.
Our engineers are some of the best in their field. We have been improving our Agile development practices for a decade. An excellent scrum master will help teams evolve into something even better.
The successful candidate will:
* Be the Scrum Master for two or more teams and - depending on experience - coach other scrum masters
* Be an advocate for agile best practices, guide the team though experiments and developing a continuous improvement approach
* Ensure a smooth running sprint - highlight/remove impediments, facilitate collaborative team meetings, shield the team
* Work closely with Product Owners to ensure a measurable, transparent and sustainable pace for the teams to deliver a quality product, while representing team members' aspirations for the sprint
* Be a part of the Agile communities in Arm and Cambridge
* Create an environment of continuous coaching within the team which boosts morale and nurtures individuals’ feeling of mastery, autonomy, purpose and safety
To apply, we would like you to have...
* Experience as a Scrum Master for software teams
* Excellent, up-to-date knowledge of Agile approaches, particularly Scrum
* A servant-leader mentality with a passion to learn and improve the way your teams work
* Strong examples of positive results you have gained from your involvement with previous teams and changes you have championed
* Outstanding communication, facilitation and collaboration skills
It would help you stand out if you have any of these...
* A Certified Scrum Master qualification
* Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence and their APIs
* Knowledge and experience of specific Agile techniques that support workshop/ceremony facilitation and engagement
* An interest in how Arm hardware works
How to apply
Along with your CV, please use the 'cover letter' facility to provide a few sentences describing why you are right for this role. Maybe you don't have all the skills listed above, but you strongly feel you are the right person for the job - help us understand why!
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
* Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
* Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
* Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
* Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
* Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
* Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
* Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
* Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
* Be authentic.
* Seek and embrace differences.
* Encourage curiosity and challenge.
* Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps