9 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of standard cell, memory, and I/O products. The Arm product line is optimized for each silicon technology. Arm products have been used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ and are in production or development at semiconductor processes ranging from 250nm to 7nm for various foundries and IDMs.
Our circuit group comprises some of the industry’s leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques. This position is a rare opportunity for a memory circuit professional to work with the world’s most successful circuit and layout team with exposure to a wide variety of design rules from leading edge foundries.
This role is for a Staff Memory Design Engineer in the Europe Physical Design team based at our Cambridge site. Working as part of the Cambridge Physical design team means working on leading edge high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra low-power memory generators which are optimized for each silicon technology.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
* Circuit design of memory cells including traditional logic cells, sense amplifiers, and advanced power management cells
* Evaluate and optimize performance, power, area and leakage of circuits
* Understanding of margining of memory bitcell and /or analog circuits for yield improvement
* Understanding of characterization of individual memory instances and/or memory compilers
* Understanding of EDA views delivered with Physical IP product lines
* Understanding of layouts to effectively drive the mask design team and perform layout development tasks
* Understanding of deep submicron device physics in order to account for these non-ideal effects during cell design
* Create and maintain product specification
Education & Qualifications
* Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) or equivalent with a good academic record
* Experience in memory design or related circuit design
Essential Skills & Experience
* Circuit design experience with memory compilers
* Circuit/Layout experience with deep submicron technologies (65nm or smaller)
* Understanding of technology tradeoffs in deep sub-micron design
* Understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) layout techniques
* Familiarity with Cadence Virtuoso (DFII, Opus) layout environment
* Experience in low power circuit techniques
* Understanding or an ability to learn a wide variety of industry standard modelling formats including: Liberty (CCS and NLM), Verilog, LEF, Spice and ECSM.
* Experience with other EDA tools.
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Programming or scripting experience
* Knowledge of UNIX and shell/tcl/Perl scripting
* Basic Source control management with tool such as DesignSync
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road