7 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a well-rounded Technical Editor slash Information Developer, who wants to enable the delivery of technical content on ground-breaking technology? Have you demonstrated an interest in technology? Do you work with a strong eye for detail and have a disciplined approach?
If yes, let's discuss you joining our diverse team of passionate writers and help professionals get more out of our technology through our Arm Developer website.
* Editing and enhancing structured technical content is your top priority in this role. Maximizing the comprehension, ease of use and eliminating ambiguity without the loss of precision.
* Interpreting source information supplied by engineers and transform this information so it is easily understood by the end user. Working with Arm colleagues to ensure their message is effectively delivered to our community of Developers, there will be a significant degree of customer focus expected of you.
* Leading content editorial projects, including planning, tracking, and reporting on those projects. You'll take the lead on small projects and tasks, plus being an active participant in larger, more complex programmes.
* You ensure the technical content stays in sync with corporate writing standards and guidelines. Taking the lead in the Content Services team to improve and implement processes into standard methodologies.
* Experience in positions as technical editor or content/ information developer and as such the English language holds no mysteries for you.
* Having written and edited user documentation or technical manuals for either electronics, microprocessors, or computer hardware/ software is an advantage. Alternatively, writing in a technology area where you worked with domain experts.
* Next to experience you have a degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant field: Computer science, electronic engineering, physics, maths, chemistry, or information development.
* Planning and project management abilities like advanced communication skills, interpersonal skills and a problem solving attitude. This is a role with high levels of colleague engagement and interaction. Your judgement is based on analysis of factual information, you are flexible and pragmatic in your approach.
* Good understanding of the documentation production cycle where you are able to handle conflicting priorities independently.
* Excellent organizational skills, with fine attention to detail to monitor and continuously improve the way you work.
We’d like you to have some worked with some of the following tools;
Web Content Management Systems / Microsoft Office / Microsoft Visio / Graphics/Multimedia / Scripting languages.
However the skill we most value is your ability to learn and grow within the job and your drive to use this knowledge to help your colleagues.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road