11 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to move into Machine Learning (ML), the key development for the future of computing. Working on the cutting edge of Arm technology, you will be creating the software that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more.
The Staff Hardware Design Engineer position provides an interesting and innovative role, involved in the micro-architectural definition, design and optimization of next generation Computer Vision Engine. As part of an elite engineering team, you'll work with architecture and R&D teams to create low power and high performance hardware.
About the role:
Arm is entering a new growth phase to develop innovative technologies and products for existing and new markets. To do this we need talented and motivated people to join our global team. At Arm you will work with the world’s best companies as they build sector-leading products from our IP. You’ll share ideas with and learn new skills from the best engineers in the world. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference. This role offers you the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of Machine Learning and computer vision.
You can expect to be in a demanding hands-on technical position, which involves implementation of complex computer vision and video processing functions employing the latest design and verification techniques, often working with Matlab models, to deliver production-quality RTL. You are expected to have a wide breadth of design knowledge and experience of developing/improving methodologies and working practices from micro architecting to trial synthesis.
To be considered, you should display interest in image processing & computer vision technologies along with a high degree of technical creativity.
Key Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
* Derive specifications from architecture requirements
* Specify, design and optimise complex blocks for use across multiple generations of IP’s
* Deliver IP blocks on time and meeting PPA targets
* Possessing experience of SOC integration and implementing complex algorithms into designs, would put you in a great position to be suitable for this role.
* Being highly motivated and keen to make a real contribution to the development of our range of IP and HW products.
* This position is within a small team so the we require you to be capable of working well with colleagues, possessing fantastic communication skills.
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a Computer Science, Electronics engineering, Microelectronics or other technology based degrees will be considered.
* Knowledge of assembly language, C/C++ and/or hardware verification languages e.g. SystemVerilog is an advantage
* Proficiency with Matlab and scripting languages, e.g. Perl/TCL/Python
* If you hold any code coverage analysis, Lint and CDC analysis, that would be desirable.
The position may involve travel to other sites on occasions.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Located close to Nottingham and Leicester in the heart of the Midlands, our Loughborough office is home to the new Imaging and Vision Group, which provides solutions that will allow next generation devices to understand and act intelligently on information from their environment. With access to great shopping, year-round events and sport on your doorstep, Loughborough combines the charm of a small market town with a renowned university in Loughborough University.
1 Summerpool Road
Related Jobs Loughborough
Related Jobs Machine Learning - Engineering