3 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our OTT Reliability Engineering Team
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
Be responsible for defining and managing the objectives of a team to support delivery of software balanced with the operational readiness, resiliency and quality standards of the OTT Reliability Engineering team.
– Collaborate with development teams to provide a path to production that support development objectives.
– Deliver overall path to production frameworks that form a standard OTT platform into development teams.
– Implement infrastructure as code, monitoring as code, everything as code.
– Track & implement corrective actions around achieving 99.995% availability.
– Collaborate with Architects and Software Engineers to improve the resilience of Sky OTT systems
– Conduct formal operational readiness reviews of proposed software designs, controls, and test plans.
– Perform incident analysis and provide recommendation, including pushing for delivery
– Advise engineers and engineering managers in the development of safer and more defensible software.
– Demonstrated breadth of experience by having a background in technology architecture, design, and development – i.e. role progression. This is important so that candidate can understand the bigger picture of application/API design elements, as well as overall systems design. This is important so that candidate can understand at the deepest technical level what is intended by application design and its code, and how it can be made more resilient.
– Strong background in System Administration/architecture
– Strong background in Configuration and management of large-scale platforms. (Virtualization, Cloud, Unix, Java, Puppet, No SQL Databases, Kubernetes, Docker)
– Strong background in monitoring and logging of large-scale platforms. (Nagios, Prometheus, Splunk, Icinga, etc.)
– Proven experience of implementing change to enforce high availability on large scale platforms. (Eg: Circuit breakers, Fail Fast/Silent/Stubbed Fallback etc)
– Understanding of Agile and deep understanding of Dev Ops Practice within. (Continuous Delivery)
– Good communication skills
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about