about 1 year ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Presales Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams for the EMEA Region for GE Renewable Energy Digital. You will lead the technical discussion with the client, conduct As-Is To-Be analysis, define and execute solution presentations and as well manage the scope of Proof of Concepts or Pilot programs.
* Establish a deep understanding of our customers business and technical needs.
* Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates.
* Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level.
* Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape.
* Perform As-Is To-Be analysis, define and execute solution demos, and define and support the scope for Proof of Concepts or Pilot.
* Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions.
* Provide deep sw / hw technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design.
* Interface with all Pre-Sales Solutions Architects globally (and build a community) to train, mentor, guide through new solution architecture framework.
* Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions.
* Interface with software CTOs, product managers and sales executives to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities.
* Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest.
* Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated.
* Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE customers from their current state to the target GE Digital Strategy by deploying Predictivity Solutions in concert with other GE products and services.
* Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders.
* Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline from an accredited college or university
* Strong work experience in software pre-sales, software sales or software architecture
* Manages and possesses working energy (preferably Power Generation or Renewable Wind Energy) industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in assigned vertical.
* Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success.
* Focused experience as a solutions architect (ERP, Data analytics SW, Internet of Things (IoT) sw
* Deep understanding of the technology stack to include OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies.
* Customer engagement experience
Locations: Spain, United Kingdom