9 months ago
In this strategic Sales position, the Smart Connected Solutions (VNA, C360, Applied Intelligence and Enterprise Archive). The Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying new SCS product sales opportunities within existing and new accounts, identifying, managing and solving conflicts with clients and meeting time deadlines for customer accounts among other responsibilities.
The SCS Sales Manager will own and drive key activities, including prospecting, strategy planning, executive relationship development, discovery assessment, pilot and SmartStart programs, GE IP ecosystem coordination, etc.
They will work closely with the other staff members in all GE businesses HCD, LCS, HCP and Ultrasound to drive and lead growth in service, software, and outcome-driven revenue generation. The SCS Sales Manager will partner closely with leaders to drive the creation and development of an overall sales readiness vision in the context of our expanding global business.
In this role, you will:
• Develop a solution selling framework for GE business — tailor deal lifecycle, enablement deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc.
• Establish a deep understanding of customers’ business needs by creating value to customers for our solution footprint
• Add value to the customer’s business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership
• Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with GE and how our solutions deliver results
• Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and geographic poles that is aligned to the agreed account goals.
• Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the “go high / go low” strategy for the Enterprise account. Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars – Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support.
• Leverage the “Big GE” by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs. (e.g. Industrial Internet, Minds + Machines)
• Analyzes sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved
• Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared globally with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business.
• Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion.
• Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and GE product
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related discipline or equivalent
• Extensive software industry experience with proven track record
• Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyze market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
• Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives.
• Creates and delivers solution outlines and migration paths that show the evolution of a system from a baseline state to a target or future state
• Determines account potential by utilizing data modeling
• Thoroughly analyzes data to identify trends and issues that translate into a plan for the customer with some connection to seemingly independent problems
• Develops acceptable mitigation strategies that consider T&Cs of customers, competition and partners and key differentiators while also meeting business objectives
• Identifies and prioritizes critical GE resources needed to further the sales effort, negotiating with stakeholders for utilization
• Understands people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates
• Identifies and coordinates owners, sponsors, timelines, actions and deliverables for the deal, from proposal preparation until contract closure if applicable
• Adeptly manages emotions and the negotiations process by identifying customer needs over wants
• Transitions to becoming a trusted advisor who is not afraid to identify challenges the customer faces internally
• Achieves and maintains direct involvement in customer discussions about expected business outcomes and benefits from the solution
• Focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction
• Technical mastering on modern IT, Cloud, Data Centre, VMware or another virtualization technology. PAAS and SAAS are necessary.
• ITIL foundation is desirable.
• Knowledge of DiCOM and standards around modern data sharing of image data XDS is a mandatory.
• Detailed understanding of Business Intelligence, Vendor Neutral Archives and Health Care Collaboration technologies.
• Experience of working in clinical departments with a good working knowledge of the NHS and private providers. A detailed and existing set of connections at CIO, CCIO and CMO level is necessary.
• Accurate forecasting skills are necessary
• The ability to lead Price to Win Sessions
• Understand the business frameworks in use in the UK Health Industry
The role is an individual contributor but needs to be able to sell through and sell direct with other GE and Partners at all levels.
• A passion to succeed, fast starter with a wiliness to go the extra path to win.
• The role will be home based and will cover the UK mainland.
• Field based and located close to a GE office
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom