11 months ago
aker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for client group leaders, developing and executing HR strategy in support of the client’s business objectives, and is a connected partner for business leaders. You will provide expertise and guidance in the areas of culture and change management, strategic coaching, talent assessment and development, succession planning, performance management, and organizational design. This role requires deep expertise in the Product/Function/Region.
* Partner with client managers to develop and execute both long-term and short-term HR strategies that directly support and enable business objectives
* Partner with client managers to develop and embed a contemporary organizational culture, leverage change acceleration techniques to assist in driving broad change
* Act as an organizational & simplification champion coach who builds organizational capabilities, reduces complexity and partners with clients to maximize team performance
* Strategically partner with client managers to design and implement the most effective global organizational structures and manage transitions
* Provide timely, effective and direct coaching to client group managers, assisting in the development of strong, contemporary leadership skills
* Provide strategic coaching to business leaders and key talent related to succession planning, career path development, and performance management
* Lead leadership assessment in the organization, identifying key employee strengths and development needs in order to recognize, select, retain and develop key talent
* Lead succession planning and talent development strategies for the organization, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines mentoring, training, etc.
* Partner with HR team to ensure high quality implementation of critical HR operating rhythms such as Session C, salary planning and performance management, leveraging assistance as appropriate
* Develop and oversee strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent
* Work with leaders and employees to create a positive and contemporary work environment
* Provide HR team with appropriate coaching, mentoring and development opportunities including exposure to HR Business Partner skills and experiences
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in related area (or a high school graduate/GED or equivalent knowledge, with strong relevant work experience).
* Significant prior professional work experience.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Strategic mindset with strong business acumen resulting in the ability to connect dots and drive HR agenda with proactive thought leadership
* Demonstrated experience in making sound strategic HR decisions & assessing executive leadership talent
* Strong presence, seen as influential & respected by leadership
* Strong ‘storytelling’ ability, crafts a clear and engaging message
* Ability to work in changing environments, see through complexity and strategically promote an inclusive/diverse workforce
* Confidence to voice opinions & ideas and willingness to deliver tough feedback/coaching to leadership
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to assess situations make judgments based on practice or previous experience
* Excellent collaboration, project management, organizational and change agent skills
* Ability to energize and lead in complex, matrix, goal-driven organizations
* Trusts & empowers E/HRMs to do their jobs; embraces the segmented HR model
* Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
* GE HRLP graduate or graduate of a similar program
* PHR/SPHR certification
Locations: United Kingdom; Cramlington