8 months ago
Job ID : 68383BR
Location : Germany - Remote / Field
Netherlands - Eindhoven
United Kingdom - Remote / Field
US - Oregon - Hillsboro
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Analytical Instruments Group - Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our laboratory elemental analyzers use x-ray fluoresce (XRD), x-ray diffraction (XRD), and arc spark optical emission (EOS) techniques for precise analysis of bulk materials in the metals, cement, minerals and petrochemicals industries. Our materials characterization instruments include rheometers and extruders that measure viscosity, elasticity, process ability and temperature related material changes of various materials. We also provide a range of elemental analysis instruments used in product development. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.
This position is responsible for developing and executing annual operating plan commitments and long term profitable growth for the global, materials science (MS),electron microscopy, academia market (including government). Responsibilities include developing strategies, including sales strategies, to continuously improve Thermo Fisher’s position in the addressed segments while penetrating into new adjacent segments in order to expand the customer base.
Management responsibility of SEM/SDB Business development, TEM Business development and a Customer Collaborations manager. Matrixed leveraging of a global regional Sales team and the business unit to meet business targets including growth, required.
* Sales Support – Maintain relationships with key customers and work to develop them into reference customers to help sales in a region or globally. Work closely with the local SSD organization to capture Materials Science business by providing unique sales strategies & value propositions, especially with high value and complex deals. Support all aspects of the business strategy
* Business development –Drive MS business performance (incl. bookings, margin, revenue and market position), identify issues and drive improvement actions. Provide input to the weekly and quarterly bookings forecast processes. Provide input to pricing, positioning, sales training content, volume planning, non – standard request justification, and be the “voice of the field” in new product introduction. Represent the BU in high level commercial meetings, internally and externally.
* Overarching Strategy: Develop and present the overarching strategy for the academic segment. Screen regional application trends to identify new market opportunities or potentially disrupting trends.
* Strategic Planning – Support Product Marketing Directors, to provide the field perspective for (new) products and workflows, competitive trends and implement regional Marketing Plans
* Manage relationships with internal stakeholders, lead cross-functional, global teams, work closely with the BU, sales operations, and Sales and service teams to deliver exceptional customer value while achieving the financial objectives of the business.
* Continuous Improvement: monitor and continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of strategy execution by implementing powerful business processes (PPI)
* 10 years of Business development and/or Sales experience
* Bachelor’s degree in business or technology discipline required
* Experience working for a global, highly-matrixed company in a scientific capital equipment, serving the Academic market, or similar industry
* Experienced in working in different geographical regions with different cultures, team player.
* Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key business partners and customers to impact growth
* Excellent at business development and sales strategy (Miller Heiman), planning and execution with a strong results-oriented approach
* Highly developed commercial sensibility; ability to recognize growth opportunities and execute on them.
* Highly effective leadership, adept at team-building and experienced in change management
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Experience and demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives
* Experience in interacting with highly technical customers and customer groups
* Willingness to travel up to 60%, both domestic and internationally, as required