6 months ago
Required Background and Experience:
Dell Technologies is seeking a seasoned leader with a minimum of 10 years of sales, pre-sales or consulting services experience working in technology related organizations. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing sizeable, high-performance teams and who has experience partnering with sales to grow product and services revenue. You will have been a leader of an organization whose members’ routinely exerted significant influence on the sale of business-driven technology solutions and transformative outcomes linked to organizations business drivers. In addition you will have excellent strategic planning and strategy deployment skills and must possess both a broad level of technology understanding and substantial operation and financial acumen.
The individual filling this position has most likely spent most of his/her career in technology sales, consulting services or pre-sales with progression into sales, consulting services and or pre-sales management and has demonstrated the ability to manage team execution during sale activities, in addition the ability to personally influence the sale of complex, large-scale business driven technology solutions to senior client executives.
Priority skills for this position:
* Experience working in a growth environment and an appreciation of how the dynamics of growth affect corporate culture and in-place processes and systems.
* Proven ability to work closely with field sales organizations involving joint client presentations and opportunity pursuits.
* Demonstrate high levels of business acumen and technical knowledge when interfacing with customer executives and decision makers as well as internal stakeholders.
* Demonstrated ability to build, lead and motivate a team of highly experienced architects, pre-sales engineers or client assigned CTO’s.
* Manage offerings and intellectual property generated by the team for reuse and distribution to both clients and internal groups.
* Organizational management including business management, personnel management and customer satisfaction.
* Recruit, manage, mentor, and professionally develop a team of best in class solution focuses pre-sales architects.
* Manage a diverse team of first line managers and individual contributors across a large geographic area
* Thought leadership on how to continually evolve sales, grow market adoption and drive a services led sales culture.
* Review customer deliverables prior to delivery, if necessary for accuracy and attention to detail.
* Manage a diverse team of individual contributors across a large geographic area.
* Manage in a matrix model supporting sales, corporate product teams, support organizations, professional services and enterprise partner teams.
* 10+ years of experience managing or leading a successful presales and services organization preferably in the Global organizations in the Services Software space.
* 10+ years of relevant IT or industry experience in customer-facing positions preferably within the Enterprise Software space or technology sector.
* Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage competing client demands and multiple engagements.
* Experience with financial modeling and benchmarking principles
* Proven ability to communicate professionally with executives, teams, customers and partner, including CXO-level personnel; aligns stakeholder interests and navigates customer organizations to ensure successful project delivery and acceptance.
* Solid understanding of cloud computing principles, features, and business & IT value propositions for Enterprise customers and T1 partners.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, and motivational skills
Location: Europe preference UK or Germany with access to near a major airport and ability to travel 50-75%
Education: B.S./B.A. Required (M.S./MBA preferred)
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering
Job ID: R61556