18 days ago
Requisition ID: 192420
Provides supervision to a project team of contracts personnel, performs formation and administration of all types of commitments when required by workload, complexity or other factors. Develops and monitors project work-hour estimates, and master contracts forms. Participates in the planning, staffing, training and development of contracts personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Supervises assigned personnel in the formation, award and administration of project contract commitments through established policies and procedures. Undertakes formation and administration of commitments when required by workload, complexity or other factors.
2. Conducts annual reviews of assigned subordinates.
3. Indoctrinates all newly assigned contracts personnel to the requirements and procedures of the project and client. Monitors personnel to ensure they receive appropriate training and development to satisfy job performance criteria and company personnel development objectives.
4. Supervises preparation and maintenance of project bidder lists, ensuring supporting input is received from all contracts functions and other functional groups.
5. Supervises preparation of bid request packages, addenda and other bid cycle correspondence to ensure proper format, content and project requirements are met.
6. Reviews bid tabulations for accuracy, bidder recommendation, completeness, and approves selection of suppliers within delegated approval authority. Ensures all commitments made by subordinate personnel are accurately presented and follow established approval and signing authorities contained in company policies and procedures. Reviews and recommends bid selections that require higher approval authority. Executes commitments within delegated signing authority.
7. Communicates with Engineering and Construction supervision to assist, guide and plan the processing of service requisitions for all project contracts.
8. Develops project contracts operating procedures for review by designated supervisor and inclusion into the project contract procedures.
9. Develops and coordinates project work-hour estimates for the contracts function. Monitors project work and the expenditure of work-hours within approved budgets.
10. Develops and coordinates the contracts personnel staffing plan to ensure staffing levels support project workload and contract personnel are added and released in an orderly manner.
11. Reviews prime contract between client and Bechtel and makes recommendations to Contracts Manager to ensure appropriate provisions are reflected in the general, special, and pricing conditions of the master contracts forms.
12. Develops, monitors, and maintains project master contracts forms, including legal and commercial terms and conditions to be included in the project contracts documents.
13. Directs negotiations and prepares proposed negotiating plan in the commitment and resolution of commercial conditions of contracts when such action is agreed as necessary by the designated supervisor.
14. Ensures that project contracting of goods and services is consistent with established directives, management instructions and contract procedures.
Broad experience in the formation, negotiation and award of all types of contracts.
Experience in developing complex contract types, fee arrangements, terms and conditions.
Experience in contract administration.
Working knowledge of change management procedures pertaining to Requests for Information (RFIs), change notices, change orders, amendments, and claims and dispute resolution.
Skill in working and communicating effectively with all levels of project functional groups.
Experience, skill or training in supervising personnel, workload distribution and execution of work.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.