9 months ago
PA Consulting is one of the UK’s premier technology consultancies, working with a wide range of public and private industry sectors, helping companies to innovate and effectively manage their technology. In order to manage a diverse range of activities, PA runs a portfolio of over 60 applications which run a range of services to support our consulting and functional teams globally across PA. The Systems Development group run multiple change projects and have two application support teams in the UK, which are responsible for managing a diverse range of production software services.
Working as part of a team of Business and Group Systems specialists, you will be involved in a wide variety of projects, focussing on SQL / BizTalk / C# .NET integrations and application enhancements. You will work on a mixture of the latest technology such as Office 365, SharePoint Online and SQL Server 2016 and legacy applications, many of which we plan to upgrade and decommission over the next two years.
This is a great opportunity for a mid-level SQL developer to work on a key platform that helps PA’s diverse functions and departments work together seamlessly and deliver great results for their clients.
• Create reusable elements of software or extension of existing elements for example developing customisations using SQL server and C# .Net
• Design and deliver creative solutions which encourages extension and reuse
• Develop high quality code through own understanding of and desire to achieve high quality outputs. Be comfortable working to an agreed set of development standards
• Understand and apply sound unit testing approaches to all software developed
• Apply sound knowledge of management of source code and managing the release using recognised Microsoft tools
• Actively maintain own knowledge of new and upcoming technologies and of software engineering best practice.
• Effective communication with the stakeholders to develop solutions the business needs (this may include prototyping with users).
• Development experience in software development projects, particularly in and out of an ERP.
• Understanding and preferably proven track record in the application of software engineering best practice.
• Development experience in:
o C# .Net,
o SQL Server.
o SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
It would be advantageous to have development experience in:
o BizTalk (2010 and above).
o SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
o SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
o Microsoft Power BI.
• Proven desire and ability to keep up to date with technology.
• Customer focused.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Good reporting skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to take initiative.
About PA Consulting Group
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That’s why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they’re interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment – one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.