5 months ago
The Materials Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
* Lead the supply chain Subsea business long-term capacity planning, inventory and production control requirements demonstrating strong integration with manufacturing / sourcing teams and cross-functional stakeholders (commercial / sales, product line, engineering, projects, finance)
* Assure inventory and service goals are met and drive the result of flawless customer fulfillment
* Assure the continued development and growth of assigned personnel through strong leadership
* Set strategic direction for planning and scheduling activities within the organization
* Determine and apply appropriate optimization methodologies to balance service level, inventory, and cost
* Support the ITO function to drive simplification with strategic make / buy decisions, material procurement timing, order release timing requirements, available capacity and lead times
* Build on existing manufacturing planning and control processes to ensure adequate S&OP deliverables and actions surrounding resource planning
* Work with local teams to ensure adequate supply chain materials support for ERP implementations – ensuring comprehensive preparation and post go-live
* Work with Subsea service sites to ensure inventory control and replenishment processes consistent with standardized material control practices
* Understand and represent Subsea site master schedules and drive accountability around capacity requirements planning amongst the sites – gather and load information into planning tools to analyze total platform data and provide regular updates to GSCM leadership
* Lead site Materials Management teams through improvement initiatives across 5 critical materials processes
* Demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals/programs/processes for an area or business segment.
* Has the experience or expertise to solve problems.
* Able to develop and execute objectives for self and others.
* This role has the ability to lead short-term and some long-term business goals.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
* Proven experience in inventory management, shop operations, facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment, production planning, inventory management principles and practices, or materials management disciplines
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Strong business and analytical ability
* Knowledge of the manufacturing process
* Familiarity with production control systems and routines
* Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately
* Ability to effectively operate in any organizational structure
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.