7 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood have a requirement for a SPP&ID Draftsperson to join our team in Reading on an agency basis. You will be responsible for developing and issuing P&ID’s utilising SPP&ID databases throughout all phases of project execution. The SPP&ID Drafter is also responsible for identifying application improvements and development opportunities providing benefits to project execution and feeding them back to the SPPID Administrator.
* Assume the role of SPP&ID Draftsperson on a number of Projects
* Utilise the application to suit Client and Project needs
* Support SPPID Administrators with the integrity and health of Project databases checks in terms of inconsistency management and maintenance utilities
* Assist SPPID Administrator with the interface between ICT and the project team for all SPP&ID related queries and activities
* Produce appropriate project documentation including procedures and designer instructions for review by SPPID Administrator for review prior to issue
* Be fully conversant with all aspects of application usage and drafting principles
* Have the ability to assess Client and contractual requirements in terms of P&ID, and other deliverable production, and translate these into a deliverable in the SPP&ID environment
* Have awareness all potential options for system deployment in respect of Company internal P&ID workshare and 3rd Party management
* Possess an understanding of the underlying database structure such that deliverables are produced to a technically proficient and accurate level. Validation reports should be extracted to support the P&ID development and data verification aspects of the project
* Be able to converse effectively with all levels of the Project team regarding aspects of SPP&ID use
* Continually assess development and improvement opportunities with regard to SPP&ID including integration with other applications and report them to the SPPID Administrator
Skills / Qualifications
* Intergraph SPP&ID User training
* Microsoft Visual Basic
* Relevant industry project execution experience
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.