4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Sourcing Transfer Leader will lead multiple cross-functional teams that are responsible for movement of parts or products from one supplier to another in order to reduce cost, reduce risk and/or strategically align GEHC’s global supply base.
• Leading the development & execution of the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
• Leading sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
• Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
• Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
• Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
• Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
Quality Specific Goals: 1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position 2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines 3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required 4. Proficient knowledge and understanding of GEHC Purchasing Controls Procedure and associated Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that all purchased product and services conform to specified requirements. 5. Lead the development and maintaining of fully qualified and compliant supply base.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. 3 years work experience with technical depth/knowledge in assigned commodities, or 3 years of Commercial Sourcing, Supply Chain or Engineering experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
2. Minimum of 7 years of commercial sourcing experience in all facets of the assigned commodities
3. Excellent negotiations skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships
4. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
5. Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
6. Experience implementing a compliant supply chain
7. Greenbelt certification preferred
Locations: Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha, Warsaw, Cardiff, Zipf, Prague, Umea