about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
What you’ll do:
* Create and deliver innovative end-to-end solution designs that meet the requirements of the sponsor while maintaining the overall integrity of the technology estate.
* Collaborate with Analysis, UX/UI, Delivery, Engineering and wider stakeholder teams to ensure that our solutions deliver real business value and positive technology change.
* Work with other technology teams to develop solutions that are secure, highly responsive, scalable, highly available, and resilient in the face of failure of dependent components and systems.
* Support the evolution of the technology change roadmap for your portfolio area, balancing the need for modern, extensible systems with the rapid delivery of business change.
* Represent Sky in the wider technology community, ensuring that end-to-end solutions are fit for purpose and aligned to our target architectures.
* Provide comprehensive and timely upward reporting and metrics to facilitate departmental planning and decision making.
What you’ll bring:
* Experience of Solution Architecture & Design in an enterprise setting, ideally including (but not essential) exposure to industry standard design methodologies such as TOGAF, eTOM, etc.
* Experience as a strong influencer, able to steer a team of experienced and autonomous technologists towards a shared goal.
* Skills as strong communicator, able to influence senior technology stakeholders and broad technology community of your designs and strategies.
* A broad technology background and can articulate architecture approaches and decisions to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers..
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there’s onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You’ll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.