10 months ago
BHGE is on a journey to transform its Product Life Cycle Management processes and digital technologies across all its’ product groups, to deliver enterprise wide business process improvements, drive standardisation, reduce costs & delivery lead times and increase quality. This Solution Architect will lead the technical design & configuration of Teamcenter applications across the company.
* Define & own all components of the technical solution (incl. integrations) & data model, including solution specifications (Technical Design Document), software configuration & code, and associated IT infrastructure.
* Gain deep understanding of business processes from ITO (Inquiry to Order), OTR (Order to Requisition), RTR (Requisition to Retirement) and NPI (New Product Introduction) in different BHGE businesses (product companies), to design and develop a robust solution/system technology framework to meet business, functional & user requirements, with Out-Of-The-Box functionality keeping customization to a minimum.
* Where required lead & direct junior or contractor Teamcenter architects and developer resources engaged in understanding the business requirements, developing & delivering IT system solutions, promoting conformance to established system & solution architecture standards and best practices.
* Work as a Digital Technology business partner & change agent with Business Process & Functional Leaders as well as application End Users.
* Work in collaboration with architects & functional experts from ERP (Enterprise Resource Mgt.), MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems), CRM (Customer Relationship Management)/Pricing & Costing and MBD/MBE (Model Based Design/Enterprise) to evaluate & improve business processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions.
* Deliver improvements and root-cause analysis for PLM related complex business problems and issues and work closely with delivery project managers ensuring on-time execution of all deliverables.
* Participate in business process evaluation / improvement activities, requirements gathering, system analysis, system design, software / hardware applicability studies and system implementation, and execute projects based on these activities.
* Support the PLM Project Managers in the planning and effective application of technical elements of change, and risk management principles where required.
* Understand and take into consideration, risks, costs, benefits and possibilities offered by customization vs. configuration.
* Work with peers and other technology owners to create designs, application architecture & coding standards that are reusable, efficient, scalable, and meet the needs of the business.
* Ensure that specific IT implementation standards are incorporated in to the implementation activity from the start of the project, including standard means of documentation, use of applications, middleware and other system standards.
* Coordinate the consulting/contractor team's engagement and deliverables; drive outsourced supplier efforts as required; & manage contractors, estimate efforts, and schedules.
* Lead business/site readiness for Teamcenter rollouts, enhancements and bug-fixes.
* Co-ordinate and oversee user acceptance testing based on the functional and non-functional specifications.
* Work with the Operational Support Leader to ensure appropriate post go-live and on-going Operational Support (L2/L3/System Admin).
* Generate documentation on technical best practices and other technical assets for reuse.
* Generate, and/or provide input into the creation of technical and functional specifications and software development methodology, and align these with the Delivery Methodology templates.
* Provide accurate and timely information to management team as required.
* Maintain effective working relationships with peers and vendors to seamlessly integrate the program area into the overall strategic objectives and activities of the organization.
* Keep the key stakeholders of the implementation, in BHGE, fully informed of key issues on a regular basis
* Understand & drive all projects implementations following as appropriate ALM/Tollgate and Agile/SCRUM process.
* Ensure the IT governance process is followed and coordinate all deliverables with appropriate shared service teams.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), or Computer Science from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge or experience
* Minimum strong experience in design/solution architecture, development & deployment in enterprise level Teamcenter production implementations.
* Must have done large end to end implementations (including infrastructure design) of Teamcenter (including Product Configurator / Variants & Options), and can bring best practices to the table.
* Hands on design/architecture & development experience of integrating Teamcenter CAD (e.g., Creo, NX), ERP (e.g., SAP, Oracle), CRM (e.g., Big Machines, Cleopatra) and MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems). Experience of integrating with Requirements Management (e.g., DOORS) & Project Scheduling (e.g., Primavera) systems a plus.
* Exposure to customization and configuration experience in Teamcenter.
* Strong understanding of the interface between Sales and Production, the decision-making parameters that govern Engineer-to-order (ETO), Configure-to-Order (CTO), Assemble-to-order (ATO), Make-to-order (MTO) and Make-to-stock (MTS) strategies.
* Strong background/experience in Engineering and/or Manufacturing functions with Teamcenter Solution experience in most of the following: product structuring & configuration (variants & options); parts & bill of material, classification, design process & CAD management, requisition, enterpriser change management, document management, scheduling, requirements management / systems engineering, configuration management (CMII), ITO (Inquiry to Order), OTR (Order to Requisition), RTR (Requisition to Retirement), NPI (New Product Introduction), portfolio management, supplier and services collaboration, tech manual creation, and quality management (non-conformance management).
* Solid experience in ‘brown field’ Teamcenter implementations involving complex / significant data migration and cutover activities.
* Knowledge of latest information technologies related to Teamcenter, Java, Web, and Unix Server environments
* Working knowledge of application servers, J2EE, Oracle, Unix O/S, Linux, Siteminder, LDAP, SOA, messaging, and physical architectures.
* Working knowledge of AWS – Active Work Space – new Teamcenter interface based on HTML5, CSS3, and Google Web toolkit
* Have knowledge of ITK customization or Portal customization.
* Product knowledge across modules and Teamcenter roadmap.
* Working knowledge of BMIDE is essential.
* Experience with Siemens Teamcenter Manufacturing, Technomatix, VSA, & Systems Engineering
* Ability to quickly configure and conduct business demos and define requirements and data model.
* Knowledge of SDLC processes, estimation and risk identification & mitigation.
* Experience of working in projects following an Agile/SCRUM implementation approach.
* Good English communication skills (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Proven abilities to communicate complex topics to leaders and peers in a simple, clear, plan oriented manner.
* Established analytical and problem resolution skills, and can deal with ambiguity
* Ability to lead teams and work in cross functional team environment. Demonstrated work in Matrix Organizations.
* Proactive responsible individual, with the ability to set own action plans
* Must possess strong proficiency in MS-Office tools.
* Be willing to travel globally.
* Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: Java, VB, ITK, PLMXML, XML, XSTL, C, C++, would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of Lean product development, Six Sigma and certification in CMII are desired
* Visible energy in proposing and drive changes at different level of the organization;
* Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are transferred in robust improvement and simplification programs.
Baker Hughes, a GE Company is the world’s first fullstream company that brings together integrated services, equipment and digital solutions that enhance productivity, minimize risks and lower costs across the entire spectrum of oil and gas development.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With ~70,000 employees in more than 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a start-up – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Locations: India, United Kingdom, United States; Texas; Bangalore, Houston, Bristol