4 months ago
Solution Architect - Software
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and theworld's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Do you come from a software background and are interested in learning about satellites, space and the software that enables the satellites to operate? Are you a person that enjoys making something possible and planning for the future? Relish putting people in touch with people who can make business run smoother? Love creating processes that improve things rather than just for "processes sake"? Want to shake up the "we've always done it that way" mentality? Want to see the bigger picture? Then this is the role for you!
Due to organic growth and new projects within Airbus we are looking for a Solution Architect to work with the Space Systems Division of Airbus Defence & Space, the Simulations, Testing & Engineering Software Products divisions. We will train and support you to provide a central competency for producing software and hardware solutions that enable the end-to-end development and support of Satellites & Ground-Operation systems.
As a Solution Architect, you will be working closely with our internal customers, understanding their requirements, developing solutions and promoting services – all in the aid of supporting, both the business and customers, short-term and long-term objectives.
You will be joining a transnational team and working on several topics simultaneously. As a Solutions Architect, you must be interested in the state of the art in engineering and latest academic results and be able to this knowledge with the rest of the teams.
Although this role is based in the UK, the transnational team operates across 3 countries (France, Germany and UK) and as such you must be able to travel on average 1-2 days, twice a month.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
• Engineer end-to-end solutions in collaboration with the transnational Solution Architects team in response to user requirements
• Identify / promote use cases where existing solutions (digital services and/or products) could readily benefit other areas of the company
• Understand R&D roadmaps at company-wide levels and contribute to the definition of Services and Products roadmaps consistent with the company's vision
• Oversee the UK’s contributions to transnational bid / no bid proposals activities
• Develop & maintain a network with the Engineering teams
• Develop and maintain links with UK national agencies, businesses and universities, in close coordination with the R&D and Innovation Coordinator
• You should be interested in gaining a general understanding / theoretical knowledge of Digital Continuity, Data Analytics, Cloud, Data Lake/Artificial Intelligence and remain up to date with state of the art/new technologies relevant to the digital transformation field
• Define solution delivery plans (defining the projects, the budgets, the appropriate Make or Buy strategy consistent with the division objectives)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
• Previous Architect experience, designing solutions whilst taking transnational and corporate visions into account
• A thirst for technical knowledge and a drive to knowledge
• The ability (and hopefully the interest) to learn about software, how it will react in space and what keeps satellites in space
• A background in cradle-to-grave Architecture solutions