about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Our architects have good technical skills, are proactive and raise the floor constantly for themselves and their colleagues” – Lead Architect
What you’ll do:
– The focus of your solution architecture work will be in owning the detailed technical solution designs that will help the business make intelligent data-driven decisions across Product Design, Customer Lifecycle, Content Acquisition, Marketing, Sales & Service, Advertising and Personalisation.
– Collaborate with partners to devise a data strategy that addresses Sky’s needs and will help map business requirements to system/technical requirements.
– Identify the key technologies, components and practices that deliver long-term value and help promote them internally within Sky.
– You will have a solid focus on Data Management and Governance concerns and ensure appropriate regulatory compliance is in place when handling Sky’s customer data.
– Participate as a domain professional on internal working groups and Technical Design Authority meetings to present, review and refine your work output and that of your colleagues.
What you’ll bring:
– Expertise in defining solution architecture and strategic direction for Data products and capabilities to support Business Intelligence/Analytics/Reporting, Personalisation and Advanced Analytics.
– Hands on, demonstrable experience in architecting Big Data solutions on Google Cloud but comparable experience on Amazon Web Services or Azure will be considered. This includes expert understanding of how to build systems that support very high data loads, are highly available, and highly resilient in the face of dependent component failures.
– Significant experience in Data Warehousing, Data Marts and Data Lake technologies and how data can be managed, accessed, and exploited at scale for a variety of use cases. Any experience using smart science capabilities (ML, AI) to build better data products would be a plus.
– Significant advantage for this role would be any prior experience in delivering data integrations for Marketing, Advertising or Analytics COTS
– Excellent consultancy and influencing skills working with highly technical teams coupled superb communication.
– Strong analysis, problem-solving and presentation skills with the ability to self-organise.
OTT: Our team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.