11 days ago
We’re looking to expand our Treasury’s global CTO organisation with a Senior Solution Architect to own the reengineering of one of the key products in Treasury Markets.
The Senior Solution Architect proposes and reviews the design and architecture of the application or its components, investigates and proposes appropriate technologies to be used, creates re-usable frameworks and drives standardisation where possible. Ensures the coherence of the architecture with the design and implemented solution.
Deutsche Bank is migrating its infrastructure to Google Cloud, therefore the solution’s roadmap needs to include the necessary steps to enable the Cloud deployment and integration within a modular architecture based on micro services.
* Defines the optimum architectures of technical solutions and collaborates with technology teams to design, build, test and deliver high quality software solutions to meet business needs. Leads and guides designers and developers in the application of architecture best practice within their solution implementation.
* Communicates with business stakeholders and analysts to understand client needs.
* Identifies the non-functional requirements
* Produces and maintains the architectural and design relevant artefacts, including incorporation of software changes or enhancements
* Create architectural and technology roadmaps
* Considers applicable standards and policies and incorporate them into design
* Identifies risks associated with design and decisions; develop alternate solutions and mitigation plans; communicates them to stakeholders
* Design for system performance and address performance issues
* Works with the development teams to ensure architecture, design and implementation alignment
* Provides technical project governance
* Collaborates with colleagues participating in other stages of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Builds, captures and manages the transfers of knowledge across the Professional community
* At least 5 years of experience in developing architectures and designing applications for a large enterprise with distributed IT systems.
* Proven history of implementing technology roadmaps and providing subject matter expertise
* Full SDLC experience on large complex system, including custom software development.
* Deep technical knowledge of Java/J2EE frameworks and detailed understanding of various design patterns, Concepts, Architecture, performance tuning, etc
* SOA practical experience; prior experience developing APIs and Microservices
* Deep technical knowledge of Oracle 11g/12c and RDBMS and detailed understanding of Data Warehousing Design Methodology, Data Warehouse Concepts, Database design/architecture, performance tuning, DBA etc with experience working with multi-terabyte data warehouses
* Strong knowledge of UI technologies (including but not limited to) Angular, Java script, Node, etc.
* Knowledge of Big data platforms and/or cloud technologies is a plus.
* Understanding of Banking, and Investment Banking Products;
* Experience of working in an Agile Development team practicing SCRUM, KANBAN, XP.
* Experience building and working with continuous integration, deployment and automated test environments, including performance testing of large applications: Defining strategies for stress, concurrency and volume test and execution of those.
* Formal IT architecture training and IT Architect certifications are desired
* Technical leadership experience
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of architecture methods and frameworks
* Knowledge of estimation methods
* Hands-on experience with application modelling and tools
* Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrixed organisations.
* Must hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent engineering discipline.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.