11 months ago
commensurate with skills and experience
Category: Architects Jobs
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
We are looking for an experienced Solution Architect to support our customers in effectively aligning complex solutions with each customer’s unique strategic direction. The successful candidate will play a leadership role in complex projects and implementations ensuring that the customer’s goals are central in both the project design and execution. In addition, they will act as a contact for business functions helping with bids, projects and resourcing requirements.
We’d like to meet a Solution Architect with experience in the following:
• End-to-end architecting within virtual and cloud-based infrastructure
• Ability to design effective solutions, including considerations for strategy, people, process and technology
• Ability to articulate complex solutions to customers and prospects
• Proven history of quickly comprehending the functions and capabilities of new technologies, understanding how new capabilities can be integrated into the solution, to add value to our customers.
• Clear commercial understanding of the needs of the business and of our customers
• Act as a central point of contact for business functions, supporting with bids, projects and resourcing requirements.
• Track record of technology and vendor independence, and for being more interested in results than personal preferences
• Proven experience identifying, analysing and resolving system problems
Essential experience \ qualities required:
• Demonstrable experience working at a technical architect level
• Relevant industry certification(s) in technology or architecting
• Ability to keep pace and adapt to changing and emerging technologies
• Ability to work effectively across complex matrix organisation structures.
• Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills.
• Excellent people management and interpersonal skills - ability to communicate well at all levels.
• Experience of engaging stakeholders and customers at a senior level.
• Willingness to travel and stay away from home
• Experience of Cloud technologies
• Experience of Service Delivery, ITIL
• Ability to gain high level security clearance