5 months ago
Software Test Team Leader
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Software Test Team Leader has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join our Secure Communications group.
The Software Test Lead should have proven experience in delivering Software solutions within an agile environment. The lead shall be responsible for day to day management of a small team of up to 4 test engineers developing and running automated or manual test campaigns for Secure Network Management Systems. The lead shall be involved in all stages of the software test lifecycle and thus have experience in requirements analysis, software and test design, test development and execution and reporting.
The lead must have a broad range of experience with software and its applications using the Agile methodology and knowledge of Network Management Systems. The lead must have demonstrable evidence of the ability to influence, negotiate and engage in technical discussions with key stakeholders. The lead must be capable of breaking down large test campaigns into scheduled activities and ensuring development is undertaken to cost, schedule and quality. The lead must be flexible to travel in order to support customer meetings.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Working with architects/designers to define work items for test work package delivery.
* Costing, scheduling of work items
* Managing test team in delivery of design to cost, schedule and quality.
* Identification of technical risk and scheduling of mitigation activities.
* Stakeholder liaison and progress reporting
* Coaching, motivating and guiding Software Testers
This role may involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
* Degree level education
* Automated software testing.
* Software test estimation cost and scheduling.
* Software Requirement and Test traceability.
* SVN or similar version control management system
* Continuous build environments
* Issue tracking systems
* UML/SysML using Enterprise Architect or similar
* Software & system integration
* Ability to self-motivate and to motivate team members
* Ability to promote innovation in self and others
* Ability to interact with internal & external stakeholders in a confident and professional manner
* Ability to deliver to quality, cost and schedule
* Ability to follow processes but also challenge to improve processes
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.