4 months ago
PA Consulting is one of the UK’s premier technology consultancies, working with a wide range of public and private industry sectors, helping companies to innovate and effectively manage their technology. In order to manage a diverse range of activities, PA runs a portfolio of over 60 applications which run a range of services to support our consulting and functional teams globally across PA. One group takes responsibility for all PA’s Oracle based applications, the second group takes ownership of the remainder of PA’s business software portfolio. Specifically, this role will provide support across PA’s non-Oracle portfolio.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Tester to help PA deliver best in class, integrated business software.
• To plan, estimate, design and execute system tests on PA’s business systems, which include:
o MS Dynamics
o Cloud Services e.g, Concur expense & travel management
o Home grown applications that utilise the MS development suite
• Whilst predominantly acting as a tester, an individual in this role will be expected to develop their understanding of other functions within the software development process
• Some experience of working under different development methodologies (such as Iterative and Agile)
• Experience in testing both bespoke applications and third party products on a predominantly Microsoft platform – C#.Net, ASP.Net, Windows 8.1, MS Exchange, SQL Server 2012 or later, XML
• Experience with testing tools e.g. Testopia, Bugzilla
• Knowledge of creating and executing SQL queries
• Experience in preparation & review of test plans, test scripts and test estimates
• A strong breadth of knowledge of the software project lifecycle
• Show the ability to work quickly yet have an attention to detail
• Be open minded when both problem solving and identifying solutions to a problem
• Be comfortable working to a service level and be responsive to requests when they come in
• Be open-minded to both business change and technology change – we need our people to be comfortable working with a range of technologies
• Be comfortable with developing test plans which support the business process and business requirements
• Demonstrate the ability to prepare meaningful test data to be used during testing
• Demonstrate a care and attention the detail when completing and recording the results of testing
• Ability to make recommendations to solve an issue
If you are a Test Engineer looking for a new challenge, then this opportunity is worth considering. Use the link below to register your interest via PA’s Career website.
About PA Consulting Group
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That’s why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they’re interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment – one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.