about 1 year ago
Location: Cheadle, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Software Test Engineer
Our software team is growing, as Thales expands into the fast growing IoT market, and delivers predictive and operational insights to our Railway customers. There is an opportunity to join a growing and innovative “start-up” feel project whilst being part of a major company as a Software Test Engineer. The TIRIS project aims to provide customers with business value by predicting time to fail for assets and preventing failure by providing sufficient information to allow just in time maintenance using a large variety of data sources.
What does the job involve?
* Work in an agile, cross-functional team to ensure effective unit test coverage
* Create and maintain automated functional tests suites during the development cycle
* Work closely with the infrastructure team to ensure automated tests are robust and complete rapidly, thus improving deploy times and deployment frequency
* Perform exploratory testing to discover unpredictable issues not exposed by automated testing
What are we looking for?
* Proficient in Selenium
* Extensive web application test experience and knowledge of web technologies
* Strong knowledge of automation testing best practices
* Experience with performance testing tools
* Security testing experience (role-based access control, web application security)
* Passionate about code quality e.g. use of SonarQube
* Good knowledge of distributed Source Control e.g. Git
* Good knowledge of CI/CD e.g. Azure Dev Ops
* Concise and clear communication and effective listening skills
* Good self-confidence and ability to communicate/present issues and challenge effectively
* Natural creativity and ability to provide innovative ideas
* Experience in CloudFoundry
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!