3 months ago
The software test engineer is responsible for creation, execution and maintenance of the product test solution. They shall use industry standard test tools to develop manual and automated tests in a variety of programming languages. They will work in a multi-disciplined team to uncover and debug problems at the earliest stage of development. The test engineer will also be responsible for ensuring product requirements are captured.
* Can configure both a Windows and a Linux test system.
* Can source product requirements and create appropriate test solutions.
* Create and run manual tests and automated tests.
* Be responsible for ensuring an audit trail for all test activities.
* Be the voice of the customer during product development discussions.
* Keep up-to-date on current test technologies and processes.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or a high school diploma / GED with IT or engineering experience)or equivalent
* Working knowledge of SQL.
* Working knowledge of Linux, Windows and Windows Server.
Opening date - 20th March 2018
Closing date 17th April 2018
For further information about this role, and to
apply, please visit gecareers.com quoting 3073837
* Experience in a software test engineering role developing test solutions.
* Strong experience using an automated GUI tool such as QTP/UFT using expert view.
* Experienced in writing/executing test cases on large scale multi-platform systems.
* Proven understanding of the various testing techniques (Black, White, Grey, Performance, Load, Security).
* Hands-on working knowledge of any of the following languages: Perl, C#, VBScript.
* Working knowledge of web technology.
* Experience using 3rd party automation tools such as SoapUI, Ranorex.
* Experience in working with Quality Centre /ALM.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Livingston