about 1 year ago
Software Test Engineer
You will work with our connected devices, ensuring our products respond in the correct way when controlled by a Mobile Application or Cloud Server.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
The way technology is controlled will be integral to how it performs. Dyson's software engineers have transformed the way our owners interact with their machines. Our first connected robot vacuum launched in 2014 and its companion app takes cleaning into the digital era. Connected Products with advanced software and app platforms are cementing Dyson’s place as a pioneering global technology organisation.
* Review Software Requirements or Use-Cases and create appropriate Tests cases
* Implement Software Verification techniques in Simulators, around a PCB using emulators or a complete product
* Generate innovative Test Automation concepts for Software/UI/Wi-Fi or new technologies
* Automate Software Testing using Python controlled from Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino
* Execute Automated Tests per Agile Sprint or Software Release, reporting Test Results with TestRail
* Own the test area and be responsible for the software quality level
* Use of scripting languages and tools for post processing techniques, or control of test equipment etc.
* Verification experience of code written in C/C++/Python, or Wi-Fi connected products
* Experience and knowledge of Software verification techniques, and how they apply to a particular problem
* Experience of scripting languages Python/Perl, or basic Matlab/Labview
* Agile; providing critical input at all stages of design and development of a new feature
* Creative and product focused ability to generate numerous concepts for new technologies
* 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Performance related bonus
* Life assurance
* Sport centre
* Free on-site parking
* Subsidised café and restaurants
* Discounts on Dyson machines