about 1 month ago
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
GE Digital Solutions has a vacancy for a Software Test Engineer to enhance its Software Engineering function. This rapidly growing division is looking for the finest candidates to provide first class Engineering support to the Pressure sensing business. The team designs innovative pressure sensors and test and calibration equipment in response to Customer Product Opportunities (CPOs) and larger projects driven by organic growth and market demands.
* Experience Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry standard software (e.g. Cantata, CppUnit, LDRA).
* Instrumentation and stubbing of code to enable unit testing.
* Experience of testing software using a Realtime OS (RTOS).
* Software programming language experience (C/C++).
* Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github).
* Experiencing of automated software testing techniques and Continuous Integration.
* Some commercial experience.
* Experience of testing low level drivers for embedded systems (i.e. device drivers).
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Test Engineering.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Additional experience with testing in a variety of programming languages
* Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester