11 months ago
This role is for a Software Team Lead, capable of leading and delivering Software Engineering tasks within an R&D project and creating a dynamic software engineering environment utilising a team of Software Engineers and Technical Authorities.
The Software Team Lead will manage the resources within the Software Team, looking to build and lead a highly motivated, skilled and experienced team providing design and development solutions for R&D Projects.
The Software Team Lead will also be expected to undertake requirements analysis, architecting and design of the work as part of a core team of embedded/real-time software engineers in a dynamic development environment providing high value early lifecycle development capability for both safety-critical and safety-related software developments. The team will use a mix of traditional and agile techniques to manage risk and ensure on-time delivery of quality software.
Success in the role will be measured primarily by the on-time within budget delivery of allocated tasks as agreed with the appropriate Project/Programme Manager.
This role will help play a major part in delivering the signaling and control systems necessary as the business demands.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
What are my responsibilities?
Software Team Leads will be expected to lead and advise on the aspects of their Software tasks, in a dynamic safety-critical and safety-related development environment.
The Software Team Lead will ensure that their team is equipped to perform the following key software engineering activities and may be required to assist in these activities when necessary:
* Requirements analysis and specification of high level software design
* Software architecture
* Development and implementation of software design using structured techniques
* Code and test of embedded systems
* Development of test specifications
* Support of integration and system testing
* Visits to site to assist in testing and commissioning
* Report on progress as required
The Software Team Lead will perform some or all of the following key management activities as required by the project:
* Task and resource planning
* Work package identification
* Work flow and priorities
* Risk management
* Configuration management
* Personnel development
* Manage the System Engineering process and procedures
* Supplier sub-contract management
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering, scientific or numerate discipline (essential)
* Understanding and proven experience of CENELEC standards (essential)
* A formal qualification in a relevant engineering, scientific or numerate discipline with experience in software engineering or design of safety critical or safety related real-time embedded systems (essential)
* Experience in providing leadership in demanding safety critical environments (essential)
* Demonstrable knowledge of good software development standards and practices as applicable to engineering disciplines, with at least 5 years’ experience of delivering systems in a controlled software environment (essential)
* Knowledge of C# (essential)
* Experience in development of embedded software (essential)
* Familiarity with Agile software development techniques; ideally Scrum (essential)
* Contributing to continuous process improvement (essential)
* Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards (essential)
* Motivated, dependable and self-reliant (essential)
* Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly (essential)
* Ability to lead small numbers of engineers (essential)
* Good knowledge of configuration management and control practices (essential)
* Able to work to tight timescales (essential)
* Willingness to occasionally travel overseas (essential)
* A demonstrable broad experience of railway technologies and their application.
* Experience in mentoring engineers working in a safety critical development environment Knowledge, particularly experience of developing Safety Critical Software to SIL4 level.
* Proficient in using UML for software design
* Experience with DOORS
* Experience with Artisan
* Railway Industry background. Knowledge of CENELEC 50128.
* Systems Engineering experience
* Knowledge of PVCS
* Knowledge of Synergy
The Siemens Mobility Division with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Traffic Solutions, and Rail Electrification.
Requisition ID: 246313
Career Level: not defined
Full time only