about 1 year ago
Strategic Consulting takes a flexible and agile approach to software development, and are enthusiastic about the use of new technologies. As a software specialist, you'll be streamlining operational work for large infrastructure organisations by creating bespoke solutions, or creating production systems to extract and visualise vast data streams. We promote curiosity, initiative and independent thinking, in a supportive, outcome oriented environment.
What you'll do:
* Build effective systems, tailored to the client's needs with our added insights
* End-to-end development of software from requirements elicitation through design, implementation, testing, and commissioning
* Work with the client to help integrate the product with their operation.
* Proficiency in a key language, i.e., Python, C#, R, Java
* Knowledge of Git and GitHub (or other version control systems) and object-oriented principles
* Experience with at least one relation or non-relational database technology
* Experience with testing and continuous integration
* Familiarity with basic API design and an understanding of front-end tools
* Familiarity with functional paradigms for developing distributed applications/analytics
* Familiarity with microservice design, have used some open source micro services
• BSc or higher in a STEM subject (or equivalent portfolio/work experience)
• Experience configuring and deploying cloud services (AWS/Azure)
• Awareness of networking practices
• Experience deploying containerised applications using Docker
• An understanding of basic statistics and machine learning techniques.
Who we are
Our purpose is to enable the infrastructure industry to make better decisions under increasingly uncertain conditions. We use data science techniques and technology solutions to help our clients deliver a better service to their customers. Amey Strategic Consulting is the UK’s leading asset analytics and technology consultancy for infrastructure. In the past five years, we’ve grown a team of 100 people, achieving and maintaining a fast-paced start-up mentality within a large infrastructure operator. We keep diversity at the heart of our hiring practices, with active support for team members from the LGBT community, increasing women in our industry, and promoting ethnic diversity.
If you’re excited by our business, inspired by working with talented, motivated professionals and enthusiastic about contributing from day one, we’d like to talk to you about opportunities in our rapidly growing team