9 months ago
The Software Solution Integrator works as part of a project team integrating the GE PowerOn Advantage ADMS software into a customer environment.
• Define and drive best practice throughout team.
• Develop software to interface with external customer systems e.g. CRM, Billing Platforms, Web Servers
• Customize software to load customer data into ADMS software
• Perform software product configuration to set up ADMS software to meet customer business practices
• Provide technical support to all projects on a day-to-day basis
• Liaise with customers either on or off site as necessary
• Analyze and document customer business processes to agree acceptance criteria
• Perform integration and commissioning, including hardware setup
• Perform systems and customer acceptance testing (Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing)
• Perform onsite upgrades of software products
• Deliver training and consultancy
• Improve areas of project engineering through Lean Six Sigma methodology
• Carry out all work within the ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• Willingness and ability to undertake work on client site both UK and abroad (ranging from one day visits to a number of weeks)
• Passion and drive to ‘get the job done’
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
• Meeting targets and an ability to work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure
• Working co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal, Good team spirit
• Commitment to independent learning.
• MS Office Application experience
• Technical leadership experience
• In depth knowledge of one or more of the following:
• C++/C#/Java programming
• Perl/Python scripting
• SQL scripting
• LINUX / Unix shell scripting
• Oracle system administration
Desirable Knowledge or experience of the following:
• Experience of integrating and configuring GE PowerOn Advantage software
• Team Leadership (technical or personnel)
• Bi-lingual (European languages)
• Customer facing projects
• VB Programming
• Data management – data design, migration, engineering, cleansing
• Energy and Utilities sectors
• Distribution automation including SCADA and substation automation, Smart Grid, Meters and Home Area Networks, Communications/protocols in the electricity industry,
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Livingston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.