9 days ago
Software Engineering Team Leader - Sort Integration Team
at Ocado Group
Sofia, Sofia City, Bulgaria
We are Ocado Technology. We are building the software which powers our next-generation robotic picking and storage solution. This solution is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
As part of Advanced Technologies, the Perception Robotics department aims to automate physical processes, that require sensing, judgment, and object manipulation through the use of robotics and machine vision.
As a Team Leader in our new Blue Sort Integration team, you will:
* Grow, develop and lead a team (8+) of backend software engineers that actively participate in the end-to-end delivery of custom integration solutions.
* Work closely with the product owners, solution teams, and enterprise client representatives to plan and lead integration missions from initiation till closure.
* Design and implement microservices that live on-prem and in the cloud to manage the communication between the existing autonomous sort robotics product and different customer warehouse management systems (WMSs). These services will be written predominantly in Go and Python.
* Actively contribute to decisions related to our CI/CD infrastructure to constantly improve how we design, develop, test, and deploy our software.
* Effectively communicate with other teams and stakeholders across Ocado locations (Product Teams, Research teams, UX, other R&D teams, etc.).
* Work closely with Ocado Sofia dev center leadership to build a great place to work (contributing to processes like recruitment, branding, induction, etc.).
Requirements for the position:
* Strong and deep technical hands-on background in building microservice driven, enterprise-grade solutions in Go, Python or Java
* Strong technical hands-on background in building enterprise-grade backend systems.
* Organizational and interpersonal skills with a can-do, positive mindset
* Architectural awareness for systems that are dynamically evolving and are built to last (micro-services, messaging, API design, DB solutions, networking, security, scalability, monitoring, logging)
* To “feel at home” working with CI/CD processes to test and deploy containerized services on-prem and in the cloud (AWS)
* Deep knowledge in software testing and related processes and tooling.
* Internal motivation to achieve our common vision as a team
* Robotics or automation experience
* Simulation experience
* Software Project Management Experience
* AI-related experience
* AWS and Google Cloud solutions knowledge
What we offer:
* A friendly and dynamic work environment across several countries and continents
* Great engineering challenges and never-ending learning opportunities
* Great remuneration package
* Flexible working hours & home office opportunity
* Development Exchange Program
* A choice of equipment
* Compliment card
* Additional medical insurance and life insurance
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Come and find out more about us at one of our online Webinars.
We will be happy to receive your CV and discuss the position further!