4 months ago
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Founded in 2009, OVO was established with the clear vision of building an energy business centered around delivering simple, sustainable customer propositions with great customer service, underpinned by a strong technology ethos that is central to everything we do. We have grown exponentially since then and today OVO Energy has almost 700,000 customers.
Central to the growth of our business is the transition from pure energy retail to asset backed service provision. As part of this strategy we are building capability in new areas, through organic and inorganic means. OVO has recently acquired CORGI HomePlan.
For over 40 years as the former national gas regulator CORGI stood for safety and reliability. Today, CORGI operates as CORGI Services Limited (CSL) and is the fund-raising arm of The Gas Safety Trust – a registered charity. Currently the CORGI brand is licensed for use by a carefully selected range of businesses, including Insurance, Certification, Van Sales, Warranties, Underfloor Heating, Telecoms, Controls, Technical Services and industry-related product lines. CORGI HomePlan was launched to provide expert assistance in central heating, breakdowns, scheduled servicing and general home emergencies.
The CORGI HomePlan business provides home services insurance and servicing (including boiler central heating, plumbing, drains and electrics) to approx 150,000 customers in the UK.
The team of 85 in head office provide services and support whilst the associated network of over 5,000 Gas Safe registered engineers are available 24/7 for emergency cover as well as routine servicing of home services.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
* Lead a team of engineers who create and improve applications to help support our business growth.
* Deliver both hands on technical work and team management.
* Motivate and support team members to perform at their best.
* Be an agile enthusiast and help teams constantly improve and refine their working practices.
* Remove blockers and impediments to Engineering teams performance and enjoyment.
* Facilitate and manage the professional development and learning opportunities for your team members.
* Responsible for any hiring and ensuring we bring in the best talent.
* Support and facilitate cross-team collaboration and coordination across the group.
That sounds super exciting… Do I have what it takes?
* 5+ years of a strong software engineering background across numerous technologies, we’re using .net so hands on experience there is a plus.
* Comfortable with both high level system design and design patterns at a code level.
* Strong line management experience/people management experience.
* Experience working in an Agile environment.
* Experience working in a CI / CD environment.
* Knowledgeable on test automation and testing strategies.
* You’ll have excellent collaboration and communication skills, we’re looking for great team players.