5 months ago
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
CORGI HomePlan and CORGI HomeHeat are home assistance businesses which evolved out of the old gas safety regulator, CORGI. Today they maintain their focus on safety and reliability, providing Home Emergency Insurance, Home Heating and installation services to hundreds of thousands of Customers throughout the UK.
As part of the OVO Group, we are investing in a smarter, better future for our Customers. Using CORGI’s expert network of electricians, plumbers, and gas engineers we are installing smart home technologies which provide real benefit to our Customers, and strategic opportunities for OVO & CORGI to deliver better products and services long into the future.
From smart heating solutions, to energy trading platforms; virtual power plants, to remote diagnostics - we have big ambitions.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
We’re looking for a hands on engineering manager to take technical ownership of our CORGI HomeHeat product. OVO is revolutionising the way Customers use energy in their homes. CORGI HomeHeat sells home heating solutions to Customers who currently have inefficient or broken heating.
By installing connected heating systems (from boilers, to storage heaters) we are able to work with our Customers to optimise their heating efficiency in the background, whilst giving them smart controls and remote diagnostic capability and support.
* Lead a team of engineers who create and improve applications to help support our business growth
* Work with a team of 5 based in Sofia to deliver business change
* Deliver both hands on technical work and team management
* Motivate and support team members to perform at their best
* Be an agile enthusiast and help teams constantly improve and refine their working practices
* Remove blockers and impediments to Engineering teams performance and enjoyment
* Facilitate and manage the professional development and learning opportunities for your team members
* Responsible for any hiring and ensuring we bring in the best talent
* Support and facilitate cross-team collaboration and coordination across the group
That sounds super exciting… Do I have what it takes?
* 5+ years of a strong software engineering background across numerous technologies. Our codebase is currently in Scala and React so expertise in those technologies is a plus.
* Experience with distributed systems and modern engineering system design patterns.
* Comfortable with both high level system design and design patterns at a code level.
* Strong line management experience/people management experience
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Experience working in a CI / CD environment.
* Knowledgeable on test automation and testing strategies.
* You’ll have excellent collaboration and communication skills, we’re looking for great team players.