about 1 year ago
£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus
Power & Energy
Category: Management Jobs
£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 days' holiday + day off on birthday
Tell me about OVO…
Love building great technology? Want to manage teams building great software, using leading edge technologies, with smart, passionate people?
The energy industry is changing, and technology is at the forefront of innovations that will transform it forever.
At OVO, technology and digital products are at the heart of our customer experience and they are key to our commercial success.
We were the first energy company to offer our Pay As You Go customers the opportunity to top up using their phone, the first company to offer real time electricity and gas usage data, and the first to release an apple watch App. We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for our ability to develop software to shatter the status quo.
But we’re just getting started.
We need to develop, test, and release software that scales, quickly and reliably. Over the last few years, we’ve built a highly skilled team of software engineers that is making a real impact to our business, and shaking up our industry.
We care about code quality, test automation and continuous delivery. Our engineers drive our technology choices and own the software they create from their laptop all the way through to production. We’re building a better energy company, and we’re doing it one Git commit at a time.
Have a look at out tech blog here tech.ovoenergy.com
Right, I’m convinced… but where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You will be working as part of our technology team, based in our London office.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
* Manage multiple teams of engineers across multiple systems
* Motivate and support team members to perform at their best
* Take an active part in creating a supportive, happy productive working environment for our engineering teams
* Be an agile enthusiast and help teams constantly improve and refine their working practices
* Remove blockers and impediments to Engineering teams performance and enjoyment
* Facilitate and manage the professional development and learning opportunities for your team members
* Recruit high calibre engineers to join OVO Technology
* Support and facilitate cross-team collaboration and coordination
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* Strong software engineering background, ideally in scalable distributed applications. Experience using Scala or other functional programming languages would be an advantage, though not essential.
* Strong line management experience/people management experience
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Experience working with high performing engineering teams who have a strong sense of autonomy in their technical decision making
* You will be a fantastic people person, but you will need to stay in touch with the latest technical trends and challenges in order to properly understand the challenges your teams face.
* Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
* The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
* A clearly defined career path
* Open plan office in Notting Hill
* Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
* Lots of social events
* Training budget
* Matched volunteering and matched fundraising